Help with roms and kernels

drilus

Reaction score
I have FRG01B and wondering if it's needed to update? I've had two updates pushed to my phone from verizon but I'm not sure if these are really necessary.

I do want to try out Cyanogen6. Would I need to update in order to use that rom? Lastly, is there a kernel that works best for CM6?

I'm running a Droid 2.2 with build mentioned above.

Sorry if these questions seem very basic, but there is so much information I'm going through it's a little overwhelming.

Thanks in advance.

Nick177th

Reaction score
Yes, I'm rooted. =]

You should be good to go then. Make sure you read the instructions on how to install the rom though. I have never had a problem installing any rom but, I have read that some roms are installed better with SPrecovery and some install better with Clockwork mod recovery. I have always used clockwork mod and never had any problems. Make sure you back up your current rom before you flash a new one and wipe data and wipe cache before you flash a new rom also.

OP
D

drilus

Reaction score
So I don't need to worry about upgrading from FRG01B?

warrior21

Reaction score
If you have root access you should be able to flash the ROM with no issues as is

OP
D

drilus

Reaction score
last question. Do i have to use ClockworkMOD to flash CM6 or can I just use SPRecovery?

warrior21

Reaction score
You should probaby jump over to the Cyanogenmod section in hacks to see what the dev calls for.