1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Facebook Sucks

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by UrbanBounca, Nov 17, 2010.

1. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Premium Member Premium Member

I wanted to rant about Facebook.

Is anyone else tired of hearing about other's children? How about stupid, retarded, attention whoring pictures? How about music lyric status updates? What about the people flaunting their fantastic life, when you know they're miserable? Last, but certainly not least, everyone thinking they're a philosopher with their status updates?

Facebook has officially been ruined. There is nothing original about it anymore. People anymore, especially the "younger generation," are a bunch of drones.
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Yeah I don't like Facebook either. I joined for a while then everybody wanted me to join this, or join that live in a cyber town with cyber money and drink cyber alcohol. I do tweet however.
  3. Droids

Droids New Member

It all went to hell when Twitter allowed posting to FB, or FB allowed Twitter, whatever.

I never was a fan of FB, but logged in now and then. I just avoid it like the plague now.
  4. Sniper_5

Sniper_5 New Member

All these apps( facebook, myyearbook, twitter, and myspace) lack one major thing, the ability to delete people. With not having a computer i desperately wish they had this feature. Yeah,I can go to the full site, but then what's the point of the app? a big +1 to the op as well.

Sent from my D1 on UD1.0 @ 1Ghz
  5. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

I find facebook to be a valuable tool in keeping relations with old friends - mind you I am not friends with one single person that lives in my town or that I work with - not even any (of my) family - but I do have at least thirty friends from the fifth and sixth grade (we were and are still very close) and about forty others from junior/high school and throughout the years and some friends/cousins from Germany - I am not on to play games and if I don't like someone's else's games they play I just block that game from my news feed - but without facebook there are a lot of people from my life that would be lost to me forever -

I am not going to say Facebook Rules - but as far as keeping in touch with good friends, it does a pretty good job
  6. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I like it a lot... it's a way to keep in touch... I mean all social websites are freaking dumb but at least it's a way for me to get my new art out, tell people random facts, or just say hi to my mother or sisters.

Plus, if you don't wanna hear about someone don't friend them, or just HIDE them on the news wall...
  7. UrbanBounca

That's the difference, I guess. The only people I care about keeping in touch with from school, I still keep in touch with over the phone.

That said, I've deleted my account. I mean, my blood pressure would rise when I checked it because I was so tired of seeing, "So-and-so pee'd in the potty this morning!" WTF!? Do you want a cookie?
  8. TwerpPoet

TwerpPoet New Member

FaceBook is no better, or worse, than the people you add.
  9. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

I am only friends with people I personally know. It is a great way to keep in touch with friends from high school and college.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)
  10. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

same here. If I haven't had an actual face to face conversation with you at some point in our lives... I don't add as a friend.

i say they just add a 'dislike' button ... :)
  11. rod

rod New Member

ha! there are many a people whos posts ive blocked for this exact reason. yes, i could 'defriend' (i swore id never use that word...) them, but have you ever had that awkward convo afterwards? "i dont know what happened, i must have hit the wrong button........."

just like chat rooms of the past and forums of today. ignore/block is your friend.

and just to add another gripe- i seriously could care less if you baked ten apple pies and need to get rid of them, unless they are actual apple pies and i can actually go somewhere and actually pick one up. block all applications.
  12. UrbanBounca

I blocked them all, and they still managed to find their way back to my feed. People are just drones anymore. They aren't original, and can't think for themselves. Facebook is ruining the importance of face-to-face communication.
  13. drpaul07

drpaul07 Member

You guys should check out lamebook.com. its awesome.

Sent from my Droid

MOD EDIT: Possibly NSFW
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2010
  14. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Nicely Said :)
  15. D-Xuser

D-Xuser New Member

Just for you my man.. some foul language in video
    Video Removed - Not Family Friendly
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2010
  16. IIGood

IIGood Member

I used it for a while and also got sick of it. What I didn't understand was when people from high school that I never associated with then wanted to add me as a friend. And as stated before, the people I truly wanted to stay in touch with, I have other means of doing so.

I work in IT and we blocked FB at work after it started causing people to catch nasty malware from the apps. Like they should be going to FB on company time anyway...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  17. UrbanBounca

I only really hung out with 5-6 people in high school, and I too, got too many people wanting to add me because they'd heard my name somewhere.

Plus, I caught myself checking it constantly. I mean, more than 10 times a day.
  18. tigerdango

tigerdango New Member

FB is fun if it doesn't become an addiction. Lol

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App
  19. IIGood

IIGood Member

Okay, this is a bit much...

My apartment complex just asked to be friends on Facebook.

REALLY??!
  20. etx_droid

etx_droid New Member

Facebook use to be cool when it was just for college students. When they opened up to the public, the crap set in...as is usual. Especially all the crappy games...