How do I use twitter?

qoncept

Reaction score
I've been resistant to twitter for a long time, but I know there are some things I could use it for that I would appreciate. I just don't know how or what those things are. I've installed random apps in the past, subscribed to a couple feeds and always got annoyed with updates and ended up wondering "who the hell would want this?" In conversations with friends, they always say "Yeah, but it's good for blah blah blah" (that's where I stop paying attention). I know they're not (all) full of it. So tell me, how do I use twitter? Do I want a specific client? Is there only certain feeds I should subscribe to?

For my part, I've been a computer nerd for 20 years. I get my updates for things I'm interested in from RSS feeds. I don't want to invest much time in setting up subscriptions or reading a bunch of pointless status updates. I open Facebook and browse through that crap when I'm REALLY REALLY bored, but it's uninteresting enough that I never "use" it.

I just don't "get" twitter but I feel like I ought to. The chances I've given it in the past didn't go anywhere because I don't know how I'm supposed to use it.

r314bd

Reaction score
I get my updates for things I'm interested in from RSS feeds. I don't want to invest much time in setting up subscriptions or reading a bunch of pointless status updates.
In that case, there's really no need to create a Twitter account; just perhaps keep twitter.com/search bookmarked, for which you don't need an account. I find it useful during live events, breaking news, etc. as Twitter always has the most recent updates.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use twitter as my news feed so to speak. Other than that I beleive it is just a tool for promoting celebrities, causes, pr, etc. Twitter is very commercialized these days. Facebook or Google plus are better for random posts and what not...but it depends on which service your friends use really.

sent from my rezound

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I don't understand Twitter at all either. How to read responses even confuses me at times:D

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I don't use twitter either but I am a news junkie so I just downloaded a trending app for twitter because of this thread. So far it isn't too bad but I need to get used to reading tweets. And you don't need a twitter account to follow the news. The app is called Trending Topics.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums