extreme overheating

hachimachi

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Twitter
haachimaachi
Hey all,

I'm having a problem with my droid feeling way too hot in my hands whenever I'm watching youtube or using FML and TFLN apps. I didn't have this problem until i made the switch from Ultimate Droid v.10 to Jrummy's Remix v.0.6.

I'm sure that it's an issue with overclocking kernel, however, I'm completley confused on how to execute a kernel properly. If anyone out here can please help in how to properly install a kernel to remedy this, it would be greatly appriciated.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm having a problem with my droid feeling way too hot in my hands whenever I'm watching youtube or using FML and TFLN apps. I didn't have this problem until i made the switch from Ultimate Droid v.10 to Jrummy's Remix v.0.6.

I'm sure that it's an issue with overclocking kernel, however, I'm completley confused on how to execute a kernel properly. If anyone out here can please help in how to properly install a kernel to remedy this, it would be greatly appriciated.
do you have setcpu installed?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Hey all,

Are you using clockwork or sprecovery?

OP
hachimachi

hachimachi

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Twitter
haachimaachi
I don't have set CPU... and I'm using SPRecovery

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I don't have set CPU... and I'm using SPRecovery

if you want to try a different kernel, I think most if not all are in update.zip format. Just download it, rename it update.zip and install through recovery.

and I would get SetCPU. with profiles you can keep from overheating and save your battery life as well.

OP
hachimachi

hachimachi

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Twitter
haachimaachi
ok will do thanks!

any advice on how to set up profiles?