overheating issues

MrC1122

Reaction score
with SetCPU what are the best profile settings?

that depends on what kind of performance you need and the setup you have on your device. what works well for someone else...may not work for you. i have found that 400 - 800mhz works well for just about everything i do. i have failsafe set at 50C, to back it down to 250 - 400mhz. however, this could be something totally different for you depending on your use. i would suggest playing around with different settings to find out what works (for you) and be mindful of your temps.

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
with SetCPU what are the best profile settings?

As mentioned it is really hard to say as every unit and person expects something different. It more or less boils down to trial and error to see what fits your needs. A good place to start and to get some quality info on setCPU is in this thread. Pretty much explains everythign about it.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/47871-overclocking-101-a.html

Froyo kangerade 4.0.7 with chevyno1 medium voltage 1.0 ghz 7-slot

First do you clock yours all the way up to 1.0Ghz? Or do you use only some of the lower speeds in that kernel. If you use lower speeds I'd go down to Chevy's 800Mhz file. Secondly I'd also try a lower voltage kernel seeing as you are on medium voltage. That in of itself will be generating more heat being it is medium voltage.

If it were me I'd download a few of the different kernels and put them in a folder on the sdcard. From there I'd pick the speed of a kernel to use. So lets say it is 1Ghz. First kernel I'd try installing is Chevy's ultra low voltage and see how the device runs or if it will even boot up. A lot of folks can not get away with using the ultra low. If it were not to boot, boot into recovery and then flash his low voltage kernel of the same speed.

justinthegeek

Reaction score
What baseband are you using? I had an issues with the newest baseband killing my battery and causing it to get very hot.

OP
B

BamaFan13

Reaction score
I am now running the ultra low 0.8 chevyno1 kernel...I know It's different for different phones, but does anyone have any profile suggestions in setcpu?

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
I am now running the ultra low 0.8 chevyno1 kernel...I know It's different for different phones, but does anyone have any profile suggestions in setcpu?

I haven't run his 800Mhz file myself. So with that said could you posting the different kernel slots it has to choose from so we can make some suggestions.

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
125/250/400/550/600/700/800

Coolio, that helps out a lot.

I'd start with setting Profiles up like this and then move forward tweaking things after you get an idea how things are going. Oh and I'm assuming you are using the most current version of setCPU 2.0.1

On the Main Tab I'd go 800 / 600 conservative

Profiles Tab listing the profiles in this order

Screen Off 400 / 125 ondemand (you could go 250 / 125 also )
Charging/Full 400 / 125 ondemand
Temp > 49c 550 / 250 ondemand
Battery < 21% 600 / 550 ondemand
Battery < 51% 700 / 550 ondemand

OP
B

BamaFan13

Reaction score
Could updating to the newest baseband make a big difference? Also, what does this do to my phone? Will I just have to reactivate it or what? also, where can I find the newest version?

Rsswga

Reaction score
its gonna get warm if you run it over 7 or 800..you dont want to run it for very long over a 1000...1250 is just for showing off...sure cant run it very fast outside or the temp will spike just browsing on the web..droid loves the a/c

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
What should the priority be on all these profiles?

starting with the first line I posted make it 100% then drop 10% on each line going doing.

As for the baseband it may help yea. As for finding just run a search here at the site or head over to Mydroidworld.com the most current version is 1.43.01 FYI and as for activation yes it will make you do the *228 option 1 or you can use the short cut and just dial *22899

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
Nope shouldn't have to worry about either. Just make the changes and reboot the device and you should be good to go