1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can't download setCPU??

Discussion in 'Rescue Squad Help' started by merlinsbeard101, Apr 30, 2010.

1. merlinsbeard101

merlinsbeard101 New Member

I rooted my phone (droid of course) yesterday and installed jrummys cyanogenmod remix 5.0.6.2. I have ROM Manager and installed the clockwork thingy, as well as bekits kernel from rom manager (it did a bunch of stuff in recovery and then rebooted, so i assume its installed).

When I go onto the market and try to download setCPU to overclock, it says that its purchase, but then it says "authorizing purchase..." and then "download unsuccessful." :mad::mad: I thought installing the new kernel would fix it, but i guess it didn't.

Has anyone had this problem before?? Or know how to fix it? Thanks in advance!
  2. christim

christim Super Moderator

Never seen that. I did flash a rom once and the market wouldn,t download anything for me once. Can you download other apps? Try overClockWidget for example.
  3. dmt316

dmt316 New Member

you sure your credit card is good? if so, try to reboot the phone, thats all it may need. of try it on wifi
  4. merlinsbeard101

Yes, I downloaded other apps, even ones that I paid for, and they downloaded just fine.

ALSO..

My credit card had a fraud protection on it a couple days ago, but they lifted it and I can buy other apps now. But I did try to buy this app when my card was on hold, and it wouldn't authorize my purchase. But now that my card works, I would have thought it would work now.
  5. dmacleo

dmacleo Moderator/RS Premium Member

previous attempt to purchase has placed a hold on it. may need to call CC company and check status.
  6. hookerdj

hookerdj New Member

sounds like a credit card issue not a software or droid issue
  7. merlinsbeard101

It would still be a credit card problem even I'm able to purchase other apps??

And I only have to have my phone rooted to download it, right? There aren't any other things I have to do to my phone before I download it?
  8. hookerdj

hookerdj New Member

you dont have to be rooted to download it you have to be rooted to run it
    Last edited: May 1, 2010
  9. merlinsbeard101

Ok nevermind I fixed it. I talked to the developer and he said retry the credit card. I just did the cvc code in google checkout, and then it download!!! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Thanks for the help guys!!