[EXPERIMENT] TB Radio

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Can some of you do an experiment?

Cup your hand around the bottom of the device (no need for death grip) and see what happens to the bars and what happens to -dBm's then take off the battery cover while still doing this. Does it drop to 1x?

Post results if any.

MadScientist

Reaction score
Can some of you do an experiment?

Cup your hand around the bottom of the device (no need for death grip) and see what happens to the bars and what happens to -dBm's then take off the battery cover while still doing this. Does it drop to 1x?

Post results if any.

When doing the cupping I drop a bar. As for the battery cover I didn't remove it as I'm sure its part of the antenna since its got the gold contacts.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

lettuce chief

Reaction score
on 4g...

2 bars on the kick stand vertically.

one bar when i cup my hand around the bottom of the device but still on 4G not 1x...

the back case you have to unplug the headset which turns off the radio but i did so and then without the case i got 2 bars of 4g like earlier... when cupped around the bottom i got 1 bar of 4g.

i only seem to drop down to 1x when im in a building like a school where you normally wouldnt get good reception anyway.

other than that its pretty much on 3G or 4G

i also put the case back on and held the device in my right hand like i would if i was on it or whatever texting whatever, just with one hand but i seemed to stay in the 2 bar range so thats good.

EDIT:
ok well i went to lay down in bed and tried to see how fast the 4g really was, but it couldnt load facebook or google or anything actaully. it just kept loading,, and 5 minutes later i said fuggit.

so my 4g didnt work at all? mhhhmmm

im not gonna say i never shoulda bought this phone but i am having buyers remorse.

not bad though, i still love the thunderbolt when it does work. its a monstrous phone.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Yes lettuce chief there seems to be a problem with phones holding 4G/3G

I've been searching the net and reading a lot of these same things. People in 3G areas are not experiencing it as bad but its present. Those in 4G will blow through battery like nobody's business though

Battery life in 4G areas is a symptom of a hardware problem.

Droid--->ether--->this thread

want a droid

Reaction score
My phone seems to hold 4G just fine (unless it isn't without telling me). It never switches between 4G and 3G except for when I'm at my girlfriend's place (her house is in 4G extended area coverage).

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App