Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
bryanwieg said:
Quote From Motorola Forum

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/9dd3df67c5?commentId=668037#668037

There is no 4g in the outback where I live. How can I disable it to preserve battery?

Thx,
Bryan

Bryan, install Phone Info from the play store (free). When you open the app, select phone info then scroll to the drop down menu (just above where it says "turn off radio"). From the drop down menu, select CDMA auto (PRL) and that will put you on 3g only.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Or you can disable your data altogether a few different ways. The easiest is to use Battery extender in Smart Actions. That saves a lot of battery by turning off data, sync, and wifi when your screen is off and turns it back on when you unlock it again. Very convenient.

bryanwieg

Reaction score
Or you can disable your data altogether a few different ways. The easiest is to use Battery extender in Smart Actions. That saves a lot of battery by turning off data, sync, and wifi when your screen is off and turns it back on when you unlock it again. Very convenient.

Ohh Good suggestion! Thank you! (for the other post as well!)

dan.dar

Reaction score
Sitting here in the basement where I had no hope of getting 4G on the M. I have 1 bar 4G. Upstairs I was hovering between 2 and 3 bars, but mostly on 3 bars of 4G where the M was at best 2 but mostly stayed in 3G.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sitting here in the basement where I had no hope of getting 4G on the M. I have 1 bar 4G. Upstairs I was hovering between 2 and 3 bars, but mostly on 3 bars of 4G where the M was at best 2 but mostly stayed in 3G.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I can add to this now that I've had the Maxx HD for a few days and been to some of my normal places. It definitely holds onto 4G much better, and is simply a more stable connection.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah I can add to this now that I've had the Maxx HD for a few days and been to some of my normal places. It definitely holds onto 4G much better, and is simply a more stable connection.

I still prefer the look of the RAZR m more, if the HD just looked like a larger m that would be awesome.

Sent from my frozenly delicious razr maxx.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still prefer the look of the RAZR m more, if the HD just looked like a larger m that would be awesome.

I agree completely - though I love the look of the HD as well. I also enjoy the HD screen, but don't like the size. It's always a give and take it seems. :)

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I agree completely - though I love the look of the HD as well. I also enjoy the HD screen, but don't like the size. It's always a give and take it seems. :)

I just don't get why go edge to edge on the lower end device. it doesn't make as much sense

dan.dar

Reaction score
I just don't get why go edge to edge on the lower end device.

The M is cheaper, but I just don't consider it a lower end device. I have the Maxx HD, and am considering going back to the M even with its worse 4G antenna. The size, form-factor are both better. The screen on the M actually has higher black levels than the one on HD and there is no black splotches (visible on black screen in dark room).

The HD has HDMI out, HD screen (with lower black levels due to immaturity of HD amoled technology), more memory and better 4G reception. The M has smaller form factor and a flaw-less QHD screen with deeper black levels.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah the M seems to get quite a bit brighter. Not sure if it's simply qhd vs. HD or what.

sent via Tapatalk on my Razr Maxx HD

And I think we're one in the same as I'm considering the same. The form factor of the M is just so nice.

Last edited:

GTIMKV

Reaction score
Just wondering how is the reception after JB update? Improvement? The same?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haven't had mine for a while, but it was improved. Not perfected, but improved.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Just wondering how is the reception after JB update? Improvement? The same?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I haven't seemed to have any problems. I always seem to get better reception for phone and data than anyone I happen to be with. No dropped calls, no problems switching between 3g/4g... if I'm in a 3g area (which is most often), I maintain my 3g signal and if I'm in a 4g area, I maintain my 4g.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

rock9900

Reaction score
I love mine when it works right but it has always had the worst signal I've ever seen on a Motorola. Locks up too much, overall a great phone but if they don't fix the signal soon I gotta move on. Never dropped more calls on Verizon than with this.