2G data on TB?

electric6

Reaction score
sadly, I dont think the 30 buck unlimited option will be available for the TB though. I'm expecting sky high rates, including caps, tiers and even a straigh jacket(lol). All for a service that most folks wont be able to access till 2013.

OP
razor2006

razor2006

Reaction score
Rumors I've been hearing are $50 for 5GB of LTE data, unlim 3G data included in that. That's steeper than I'd care to pay. I won't be eligible for an upgrade, so I'll likely be buying my TB right from HTC at full price. I'm wondering if I do that and just switch and not worry about contacting VZW for any plan changes, just do the phone change online, if I'll be able to keep paying for my $30/month unlim 3G data and use it with the TB. We won't have LTE here until November (or so I've heard) or later possibly, so I'm not too worried about having LTE capabilities, at least not now.

electric6

Reaction score
I wish. I wish you luck with that plan, but once big red detects that you switched phones on them, theyll prob switch your data plan to the "4g plan" automatically in their system.

OP
razor2006

razor2006

Reaction score
Meh. You're probably right. Bastards, lol.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

electric6

Reaction score
Ok guys, I just got official word from my local vzw rep. The TB will still have the 29.99 unlimited data. I'm waiting for him to clarify if that includes 4g service or not tho. I'll post as soon as I fond out.

Raptor007

Reaction score
While it would be nice to have 4G at 29.99, I just can't see it happening. Costs incurred to roll it out, $10-15 more has been speculated and to me its reasonable, once my area gets 4G EOY.

electric6

Reaction score
While it would be nice to have 4G at 29.99, I just can't see it happening. Costs incurred to roll it out, $10-15 more has been speculated and to me its reasonable, once my area gets 4G EOY.

We will see. So far my source has been correct:

All Signs Point to HTC Thunderbolt Launch on February 24th, $249 | Android Phone Fans

You have to admit 30 bucks a month would be a fantastic deal. Especially on the 24th! :icon_ banana:

I'm guessing that price will likely be introductory, ie for a limited amount of time to promote the first big red 4g phone. Kind of makes up for 4g not being everywhere too.

OP
razor2006

razor2006

Reaction score
Wondering if you'll be "grandfathered" at that rate, or if they can increase it on you. With AT&T, I had the unlim data plan, and when they did away with it and I upgraded to the iPhone 4 I was allowed to keep the unlim plan because I already had it.

I'd be disappointed to get an introductory rate of $30/month unlim and have it jacked up on me to $50/month for 5GB LTE/unlim 3G. I definitely want the TB, but I'm not paying those kind of prices, whether it be now or later, LTE or not.

OP
razor2006

razor2006

Reaction score
That would be oh so sweet if so.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Raptor007

Reaction score
Well I am without a smartphone right now. I sent my DInc and iTouch packing, the ThunderBolt will do it all when it arrives. Hopefully I wouldn't run into any issues restoring my data plan ;)

OP
razor2006

razor2006

Reaction score
Seems unwise to make such a move before any hard facts are known, but not my money :p