Exchange of the phone - what's required?

whec716

Reaction score
What is required when you exchange your phone?

I bought my from Verizon online - i don't know if I kept the receipt - although I have the shipment notification email.

I have dust under the screen and the first store i went to said i need to bring everything with me.

I would appreciate hearing about your experience.

Chris

Zer0Beast

Reaction score
Chris,

I would just call Verizon Wireless' Main Customer Support - (800) 922-0204. They should be able to send you out a new one, and then you just need to send the old one back once you get the new one.

OP
W

whec716

Reaction score
I called the number listed above. They directed me to the store. Problem is, I think the receipt that was mailed to me was trashed.

Trying to work around that :(

medicTHREE

Reaction score
charger should really be all you need, though possibly the box. That is all. They can tell where you ordered from, etc. Call *611 for more info.

OP
W

whec716

Reaction score
I will try a different shop tomorrow - i know i have the box, charger and manual, i just want to swap it with a new droid with no dust under the screen.

Kushtronics

Reaction score
I believe when they said "everything" they were referring to all the equipment which came in the actual droid box and not necessarily the paperwork pertaining to your purchase.
Try bringing in the charger, manual, box, and whatever else was included with the purchase and post back with the result.

Good luck!
Kush

OP
W

whec716

Reaction score
swapped the phone out today with no problem. I guess I'm on my third phone - the phone they tried to give me had a scratched screen, so we swapped that out too!

Reaction score
I have some dust under my screen too. I was wondering if they gave you a hard time when you tried to exchange or did they recognize it as a defect right away and swapped it?

OP
W

whec716

Reaction score
Was not a problem at all - in fact, he said that he thought it was a dead pixel, but it was more of an "L" shape to me.

With the 30 day return policy that you got with the phone, shouldn't be a problem.

In fact, I would suggest that everyone find a way to exchange their phone - the new phone is returnable until January 13, 2010 based on the receipt!

Reaction score
Was not a problem at all - in fact, he said that he thought it was a dead pixel, but it was more of an "L" shape to me.

With the 30 day return policy that you got with the phone, shouldn't be a problem.

In fact, I would suggest that everyone find a way to exchange their phone - the new phone is returnable until January 13, 2010 based on the receipt!

Exactly what I thought. I told then when I exchanged my first Droid and they gave me a hassle. I am going to wait a little more and see if any other problems arise. I am guessing that my local stores are sticklers for numbers....sigh. I might have to call customer service and have them do it.

suzukimethod

Reaction score

Oh right...the holiday gift policy? I wonder if that would apply to opened/warranty merchandise, or if that is still subject to the 30 day window (i suspect the latter, actually).

of course, if the receipt says it................