Has anyone returned their droid

Silver Member
Reaction score
alot of comments on that app's market space shows people having problems with the app. the #1 easiest way to "wipe" your phone is to change your gmail password.

Silver Member
Reaction score
i've read problems with it, but lots of people like it. i'm just using it as a starting point.

mrnelson86

Reaction score
With so many versions of BW out, you could try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it, maybe you had a corrupt version at one time or another...I don't use wavesecure but I don't trust programs like that, Linux based stuff is safe enough as it is unless you are doing something you're not supposed to be doing

OP
codyodyody

codyodyody

Reaction score
sorry 640k my other post is about returning my phone and somebody started talking about apps....

I am taking your advice however and deleting these apps and I am gonna go from there.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
sorry 640k my other post is about returning my phone and somebody started talking about apps....

I am taking your advice however and deleting these apps and I am gonna go from there.

Nice to see someone care about keeping with Thread topics, but, in my experience here, even if the discussion shifts, you're generally better off staying where you are [in the same thread], especially if someone is offering you insight or suggestions.

They're more likely to continue giving you help if you're reposting in the original thread instead of creating a new one. My opinion.

Silver Member
Reaction score
cody, if you're still having problems, uninstall ALL of your apps, wipe your SD card and then do a factory reset. there could be bad data on your SD card that is being pulled by an app causing your issues.

uninstalling before resetting should prevent the market from re-downloading and installing your apps you had previously.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure because i did download some apps....but honestlly I have only downloaded a few amount of apps. has there been problems with beautiful widgets? The apps I have are only very basic ones (file manager, wavesecure, pandora)
When troubleshooting anything (not just the Droid) you need to rule out as many variables as possible. Don't assume that any apps are safe and definitely don't assume that you're ok just because you downloaded a "few" or "basic" apps.

OP
codyodyody

codyodyody

Reaction score
Advanced Task Killer can cause problems if it's not used properly, as well as not actually saving you any battery or RAM...

[Why does Verizon keep suggesting this app to people? I got an e-mail from them the other day, even though I've had my Droid for a couple months now, and they recommended it there, as well as having it under "Verizon" in the market...]

Both times I have been into verizon they have been pushing ATK on me. I deleted it again but I was trying it out because they kept suggesting it. It's gone now

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Both times I have been into verizon they have been pushing ATK on me. I deleted it again but I was trying it out because they kept suggesting it. It's gone now

Not your fault. At the store I go to, almost ALL of them are BB users except the guy back in the stock room...

They don't always know what they're talking about. I used ATK for a while and also used the task killer that's built into Home++ until I joined this forum.

When someone said they don't make a difference and can actually be more harm than good sometimes, I stopped using them and found out they're right. I haven't noticed a decline in battery life at all, and my phone's just a fast as it was when I was killing apps.

OP
codyodyody

codyodyody

Reaction score
I agree....I have already noticed an improvment with my phone since this post started....how do i "wipe" my sd card?? Does my contact list save to gmail?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I agree....I have already noticed an improvment with my phone since this post started....how do i "wipe" my sd card?? Does my contact list save to gmail?

First, make sure that you've got your contacts synced by doing the following:
[Although, they're not stored on the SDcard as far as I know, if you're going to reset, you want them synced and up-to-date]
From the home screen:
Press menu
Press settings
Press accounts and sync
Press your gmail account
Make sure the check mark by Sync Contacts is green.
If it is, check the time it was last updated [That's the small date/time below Sync Contacts]
If it's been a while and/or you believe you added something after that time, click the green check and then click it again. Let it sync.

[You can also get there by going to your contacts, pushing menu, and pushing accounts...I just remembered that after typing, so I'll leave it...]

OP
codyodyody

codyodyody

Reaction score
thank you i have already seen a little bit of an improvment....i guess i should just stop downloading any app or multiple apps a day.....try it out for a little bit first....

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
thank you i have already seen a little bit of an improvment....i guess i should just stop downloading any app or multiple apps a day.....try it out for a little bit first....

That's the ticket. Check one out for a while to make sure it's all good before downloading more and you'll have an easier time pinpointing the issue if it's app related.:icon_ banana:

You could download more than one a day, but test them out if you do. I like to open a new app as soon as it's downloaded and poke around to see what it's really like, then, if my phone starts doing things it didn't do before, I've got a good idea why and can uninstall to see if I'm right...