Dust under screen, not allowed to exchange

Discussion in 'Android Support' started by roflcopters, Jan 4, 2010.

1. trevorparsons

trevorparsons New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm getting more and more dust collecting under my screen in the top left corner. I plan on taking my phone in tomorrow to the local Verizon store. The current phone I have is a refurb that was mailed to me because my first model was a lemon (couldn't receive any carrier signal no matter what). I was told I have a one-year warranty on the refurb when it was sent to me.

Just want to know if anyone has any advice since it seems most are having no trouble getting theirs replaced, but some are experiencing difficulties. So, any thoughts/advise??

2. rod

rod Member

Ratings:
    +2
    this is good news to me. i started another thread about having an eyelash beneath my screen. dumbfounded the hell out of me, because i figured the space between the screen and glass should be sealed as to not allow dust inside. so what youre saying is that my original thoughts were correct, that this space is sealed. that somehow during the manufacturing process of my particular droid, a rogue eyelash somehow fell into the screen before the glass was installed. is my thinking correct?

i just wanna know before i go back into the vzw store and ask for a replacement.

3. rod

rod Member

Ratings:
    +2
    just left the vzw store. the lady behind the tech counter told me the space between the screen and the glass is definitely NOT sealed. why on earth would this not be sealed?

4. davey101

davey101 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I went through three Moto Q9M's, and they all had dust accumulate under the screen as well as the light sensor. Drove me frgiggin crazy, I would flip out if my droid did teh same thing lol

5. roflcopters

roflcopters Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you referring to the touch screen portion and the LCD portion? There is space between those two layers, I'm pretty sure all touch screens work that way. Stuff getting in between the two screens seems to be an isolated issue, some of use just happen to be luckier than others. I guess not all the phones were sealed properly.

6. rod

rod Member

Ratings:
    +2
    yeah, im talking abt the space bw the glass you actually touch and the screen. i know theres a space there, because the eyelash in question was actually moving around for a few days before it got lodged in its current position. i plan on seeing what i can do, because the tech offered me a refurb replacement. and id rather not...

7. roflcopters

roflcopters Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried several times to get the dust out of my view with canned air, but it didn't really do anything. I was told at the store they don't clean or replace phones for that kind of thing. I was also told Motorola would clean it for me. I was just lucky enough to keep pestering them and ended up getting a new one.

8. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    I would pester them - it's not acceptable.

9. pilot25

pilot25 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Baloney!! Within the first 30 day period you should be able to get a replacement. I got 3 of them and one was for dust under the screen. One for the prox. sensor problem and one for the camera.

Demand satisfaction...

10. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    And and and... I got one replaced because I just didn't like the way the salesman looked at me... I said REPLACE IT.. He asked why and I said you gave me a LOOK.

That taught him.

11. JTAC

JTAC Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Damn, that sucks you had to go through that whole ordeal. I too had dust under my screen. I got mine from Wal-Mart; went to a corporate store after the 30 days and they filled out the form on their computer and 1 day later had a brand new phone. I remember working for at&t (not that long ago) and when customers would come in for issues with their phones we gave them an address to visit, which was 40 miles away (this was encouraged by regional, store, and corporate managers). Unfortunately I learned the hard way by getting written up, not to exchange any equipment before 30 days. Sadly it was also encouraged by the store, regional and corporate managers that if it's clear a customer isn't going to buy anything....don't help them out or bother to greet them. Verizon's service is the opposite way.

12. Smitty

Smitty New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    LOL, it just gives me the creeps when sales reps give the old 'hairy eyeball', I don't blame you, I would have asked for another phone too!

Search tags for this page
asurion dust under screen
dust accumulation under screen of gs3 warrenty replacement

dust inside ipad screen

lint inside screen ipade 2
lint under s4 screen