Has anyone returned their droid

codyodyody

Reaction score
I was wondering what the best way is to go about exchanging your droid. Something is going on with mine where it keeps force closing, the screen keeps going blank and I have to pull out the battery, won't make calls, sometimes won't send texts. Needless to say I want a different one. What is the best way to go about exchanging it? I bought it online but I don't really want to send it back and wait for the return. I don't think I have my original box for it anymore. Will that create a problem? I would love to just take it to a verizon store and walk out with a new one. Any info on this process would be greatly appreciated.

dtrust

Reaction score
I was wondering what the best way is to go about exchanging your droid. Something is going on with mine where it keeps force closing, the screen keeps going blank and I have to pull out the battery, won't make calls, sometimes won't send texts. Needless to say I want a different one. What is the best way to go about exchanging it? I bought it online but I don't really want to send it back and wait for the return. I don't think I have my original box for it anymore. Will that create a problem? I would love to just take it to a verizon store and walk out with a new one. Any info on this process would be greatly appreciated.

You don't have to send it in first. Call service and they will send a new one, in a box, with a return FedEx label. Piece of cake.

billyidle

Reaction score
To get a replacement, I would call *611. They mail out a replacement, when you receive it you mail the old one back. However, your problems do not sound like a bad unit, sounds more like a software problem. How long have you had the phone?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
You should be able to just walk in and show them what its doing....and they'll give you a new one...I've never returned mine, but that's what everyone that has returned it has said basically....but, I'm not sure since you got it online, it might depend on their stipulations....or it might depend on what company you got it from.....I'm really not sure man...

billyidle

Reaction score
If it is because of an app you use, you are bound to create the problem with a new phone. You need to do some research as far as your problem goes. Before returning it, do a factory reset and see if the problems are still there. If so, take a new one. If factory reset solves the problem, start installing apps again 1 by 1.

OP
codyodyody

codyodyody

Reaction score
I have only had it two months. I just had them do a factory reset and the same problems keep coming up.

billyidle

Reaction score
The problems keep happening before you re-download your apps? If so, *611 is the way to go.

OP
codyodyody

codyodyody

Reaction score
I'm not sure because i did download some apps....but honestlly I have only downloaded a few amount of apps. has there been problems with beautiful widgets? The apps I have are only very basic ones (file manager, wavesecure, pandora)

billyidle

Reaction score
Keep checking back on this post today, someone with a clue will give better help with the apps than I can. I would for sure rule out software issues first though, last thing you want is to go through the trouble of getting a replacement, getting it set all back up, then having the same problems arise.

Try posting a new thread with your issues and app list in the Tech Issues board.

Silver Member
Reaction score
what is wavesecure? like a firewall/virus util?

i've heard complaints of beautiful widgets and success, but keep in mind that anything that alters your home is likely to cause issues.

OP
codyodyody

codyodyody

Reaction score
Do I have bad apps??

I keep running into problems with my droid. I do not know what is causing adroid.process force close, sometimes my internet isn't working, can't make calls. I took it to the verizon store and had them factory reset it. I have still ran into problems and I am wondering if any of these apps have given anyone problems

beautiful widgets
advanced task killer
astro
gang wars
live scores
pandora
pure grid calendar
tv guide
wavesecure

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Advanced Task Killer can cause problems if it's not used properly, as well as not actually saving you any battery or RAM...

[Why does Verizon keep suggesting this app to people? I got an e-mail from them the other day, even though I've had my Droid for a couple months now, and they recommended it there, as well as having it under "Verizon" in the market...]

OP
codyodyody

codyodyody

Reaction score
wavesecure backs up your phone....it also allows you to erase your phone if it ever gets stolen or lost.....i read about it being a must have app from pc world.

Silver Member
Reaction score
you don't really need two of these threads, but your apps could certainly be your trouble. get rid of beautiful widgets, atk and wavesecure and try again.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Really? Beautiful Widgets? I've been running BW for at least 2 weeks now with no issue at all. [Large clock on Home screen only, though...]