Dust under screen, not allowed to exchange

OP
R

roflcopters

Reaction score
If I have another problem before the 21 of of this month then I will. I thought it was supposed to be almost no questions asked if I wanted to exchange it within 30 days...

rda990

Reaction score
If I have another problem before the 21 of of this month then I will. I thought it was supposed to be almost no questions asked if I wanted to exchange it within 30 days...

Same here but they act like you can't cancel your service and go to T-Mobile or AT&T...

OP
R

roflcopters

Reaction score
I mean, I don't really WANT to hassle them, they did just let me renew my contract over a year early with no consequences so I could get the Droid..but I do think it's pretty shoddy for them to try and trick the customer

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dude go in and be a pain. They should exchange it on the spot for you. I went into my local store and had a problem with clicking when talking to people. 5 people at the store said they did not hear it. However my wife heard it and she hears NOTHING. So the manager said no and I stayed and just made a pain of myself until he exchanged it.

If you're within the 30 days then tell him to return it and then tell him you'd like to buy a Droid please...

OP
R

roflcopters

Reaction score
Good news everyone, got my replacement in the mail and it appears to be brand new. It came in a plain white box, no Verizon markings, and it had the Motorola sticker over the battery cover and a screen cover. I hope this one is flawless...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Nice....It really shouldn't be that hard.....Good luck with the new one...

OP
R

roflcopters

Reaction score
I didn't have to make any threats or anything lol, they just made excuses about that not being covered or it's an Asurion type of claim, but in the end I got the people to send me a replacement in the mail. The dude said it would be a refurb, but it's actually new so I'm happy.

trevorparsons

Reaction score
I'm getting more and more dust collecting under my screen in the top left corner. I plan on taking my phone in tomorrow to the local Verizon store. The current phone I have is a refurb that was mailed to me because my first model was a lemon (couldn't receive any carrier signal no matter what). I was told I have a one-year warranty on the refurb when it was sent to me.

Just want to know if anyone has any advice since it seems most are having no trouble getting theirs replaced, but some are experiencing difficulties. So, any thoughts/advise??

rod

Reaction score
BS, Dust under the screen is a Manufacture defect.....

VZW replaced thousands of Storms for that very reason....

this is good news to me. i started another thread about having an eyelash beneath my screen. dumbfounded the hell out of me, because i figured the space between the screen and glass should be sealed as to not allow dust inside. so what youre saying is that my original thoughts were correct, that this space is sealed. that somehow during the manufacturing process of my particular droid, a rogue eyelash somehow fell into the screen before the glass was installed. is my thinking correct?

i just wanna know before i go back into the vzw store and ask for a replacement.

rod

Reaction score
just left the vzw store. the lady behind the tech counter told me the space between the screen and the glass is definitely NOT sealed. why on earth would this not be sealed?

davey101

Reaction score
I went through three Moto Q9M's, and they all had dust accumulate under the screen as well as the light sensor. Drove me frgiggin crazy, I would flip out if my droid did teh same thing lol

OP
R

roflcopters

Reaction score
just left the vzw store. the lady behind the tech counter told me the space between the screen and the glass is definitely NOT sealed. why on earth would this not be sealed?
Are you referring to the touch screen portion and the LCD portion? There is space between those two layers, I'm pretty sure all touch screens work that way. Stuff getting in between the two screens seems to be an isolated issue, some of use just happen to be luckier than others. I guess not all the phones were sealed properly.

rod

Reaction score
Are you referring to the touch screen portion and the LCD portion? There is space between those two layers, I'm pretty sure all touch screens work that way. Stuff getting in between the two screens seems to be an isolated issue, some of use just happen to be luckier than others. I guess not all the phones were sealed properly.

yeah, im talking abt the space bw the glass you actually touch and the screen. i know theres a space there, because the eyelash in question was actually moving around for a few days before it got lodged in its current position. i plan on seeing what i can do, because the tech offered me a refurb replacement. and id rather not...