Engadget smartphone of the year: Vote for the Droid!!!

edthesped

Reaction score
I live in a very ethnically diverse city with lots of real Italian Restaurants and Olive Garden was voted the best Italian Restaurant in the city last year, that in itself makes me think people are either incredibly stupid or that polls like this are worthless.... Who cares what Endgaget thinks, I know what I believe and I don't feel a need to justify it.

Guchi

Reaction score
Engadget is an iphone fanboy site. im not suprised

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I live in a very ethnically diverse city with lots of real Italian Restaurants and Olive Garden was voted the best Italian Restaurant in the city last year, that in itself makes me think people are either incredibly stupid or that polls like this are worthless.... Who cares what Endgaget thinks, I know what I believe and I don't feel a need to justify it.

Man...that makes me angry :mad:. I hate Olive Garden...

Aww man, now we're not even in first for smartphone of the year :( Atleast we're beating their arses in gps navigation :\ but I definitely don't want them to win TWO categories.

Last edited:

Laurence5905

Reaction score
I voted. Was quite surprised (and pleased) to see the Droid winning the best GPS device of 2009. Seeing as how it's not strictly a GPS device -- the GPS features are simply an awesome addition to an already incredible phone. But I'm thinking that, because the GPS Navigator is completely free, and powered by Google Maps, that's the reason it's winning in that category.

And don't you know, if Droid wins GPS Device of the Year, all the Apple fanboys are gonna make fun of us for having a phone that's a better GPS device than a phone. That's what they're gonna say -- it's not true, but it's what they're gonna say.

deputc26

Reaction score
I think the reason we got hosed overnight is that when it's night in america it's day in places where the iPhone has launched.

but with more than 32,000 registered users on this forum there's still hope, just gotta keep the thread alive! :droid:

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I voted. Was quite surprised (and pleased) to see the Droid winning the best GPS device of 2009. Seeing as how it's not strictly a GPS device -- the GPS features are simply an awesome addition to an already incredible phone. But I'm thinking that, because the GPS Navigator is completely free, and powered by Google Maps, that's the reason it's winning in that category.

And don't you know, if Droid wins GPS Device of the Year, all the Apple fanboys are gonna make fun of us for having a phone that's a better GPS device than a phone. That's what they're gonna say -- it's not true, but it's what they're gonna say.

Oh the iRony because in some forum I read som Apple fanboy was like "It's funny, Droid users tout their device as being better than the iPhone but when you ask them one thing it does better they never have answer..." I was like I don't think you've ever talked to a Droid Owner then, cause I can think of plenty...

And Give me a break, Can't we say the same about the iPhone. I mean at least we can make calls without it dropping...I think that in its self warrants the Droid as a better phone.

rda990

Reaction score

Oh the iRony because in some forum I read som Apple fanboy was like "It's funny, Droid users tout their device as being better than the iPhone but when you ask them one thing it does better they never have answer..." I was like I don't think you've ever talked to a Droid Owner then, cause I can think of plenty...

And Give me a break, Can't we say the same about the iPhone. I mean at least we can make calls without it dropping...I think that in its self warrants the Droid as a better phone.

Exactly what I was going to say :) haha

kmasum

Reaction score
can we make this sticky until vote ends! droid rocks!