enable html on mail accounts

janet14

Reaction score
I have the Eris and would like to know how to enable html email. I have two gmail accounts. The gmail icon loads correctly but the other mail account won't(also a gmail.account.)
Thanks
love the phone a lot of fun things to find and not enough time in the day to play with everything!

mjs31

Reaction score
I have the Eris and would like to know how to enable html email. I have two gmail accounts. The gmail icon loads correctly but the other mail account won't(also a gmail.account.)
Thanks
love the phone a lot of fun things to find and not enough time in the day to play with everything!

Please try this. From the account you say opens your HTML emails without issues...forward the exact same email to your second account and see if it opens. I have a feeling you are seeing two different things. Mobile gmail has an issue when someone uses the "insert image" into the body of their emails rather then the typical way of attaching them. It will give a little blue icon (I believe a question mark) in place of the image. This is a known issue with all mobile gmail accounts dating back to the G1.
Now, HTML emails you receive from online stores etc will show the image fine. I believe this has to do with them either truely embedding their image in the body of the html (The insert image into the body is not actually embedding but just another way of attaching the image) or that it is run through their sever.

This may not be what you are seeing, but many have confused the two before.

If this is not your main issue at least you know of another one ;-)

OP
J

janet14

Reaction score
html

Thanks for the info. I did what you suggested but regrettably that wasnt't the issue as when I forwarded the email to the account that I was having trouble with as far as no images showing up.The same issue came up with the forwarded email. Will look at some other alternatives.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
You should be able to have 2 gmail accounts on the gmail app....At least on the droid you can....

Open gmail app>>Menu>>Accounts....

mjs31

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I did what you suggested but regrettably that wasnt't the issue as when I forwarded the email to the account that I was having trouble with as far as no images showing up.The same issue came up with the forwarded email. Will look at some other alternatives.

Ok...Not sure what else could be happening. I have two gmail accounts and don't have an issue with them. What does it show when the html will not display?