Losing email accounts

jmp

Reaction score
Same thing

I had the same thing happen. 3 IMAP accounts disappeared. I re-confied one of them, but when I used it it would mix & match email headers and email bodies from different accounts when I viewed and sent emails. I went into Manage Applications and cleared all data from the email app, and then re-configed everything. This seems to have helped with the mix & match problem. I hope the accounts don't get deleted again.

One theory I had, was I had put the phone in my pocket after checking email without putting it into sleep first. When the touchscreen is rattling around in your pocket alot of things can happen....droid even managed to send me an email on its own! Don't know if this theory holds up for everyone else, but I'm just putting it out there.

berkeleywalker

Reaction score
disappearing e-mail accounts 2x's

Same problem: out of the blue this afternoon, all my mail and my accounts were gone. I had to reconfigure them. Now they are gone again. This is the worst problem I have encountered so far. If it continues, this phone is going back.

OP
S

s2k_848

Reaction score
OK, over all I have been happy with this phone. However this e-mail account disappearing act is starting to piss me off. Yesterday night my Exchange e-mail account disapeared but the rest of my e-mail accounts remain, even my Gmail account. The phone however kept prompting me to setup Gmail --- twice! WTF???

Hello VERIZON, GOOGLE, MOTOROLA you guys listening???

John.Edwards

Reaction score
I have one more great symptom - I cannot add the account back. I click on add, select corporate and get a black screen than a force close.

This is not good at all.

juliem

Reaction score
I just lost two IMAP yahoo accounts, as well as my SBC/AT&T account on my droid. I tried the battery pull, but it didn't help. This sucks. Yahoo needs to get their act together.

Caindris

Reaction score
I had this happen last night when I went to my e-mail and it asked me to re-enter the data but the sync options still existed, that was very strange. Then today the account said it was lost but I had an e-mail that I hadn't checked yet so I was able to bring it up from the top drop. Once in the e-mail I could go back to the account page and see the account, but going to the main screen and click on e-mail asked me to prompt my account setup.

After going back into the e-mail from the drop down and moving backwards into the main mailbox and resyncing all of the settings were restored without me re-entering data.

exxi

Reaction score
Happened to me too, seems to be working fine now. Wow I hate the hardware keyboard of the droid so much I am typing with it and I am so slow compared to my se xperia I had before

highball

Reaction score
This just happened to me for the first time this morning. Only have one exchange account set up in addition to gmail. Woke up and took the phone off the charger and exchange email and calendar were both gone. It prompted me to enter the account setup information which I opened either exchange email or corporate calendar. My sync preferences and contacts for the exhange account remain though.

IMO this is an unacceptable issue. I got this device solely due to its integration of google calendar/mail and exchange calendar/mail. If this bug doesn't get fixed soon there is a high probability that I'll return the phone.

John.Edwards

Reaction score
Second time in as many days for me.. Just a black screen when trying to access the account info or the account.

This is starting to piss me off, i did a factory reset yesterday in the hopes it would make the email more reliable. I guess not.

Last edited:

lisaashleyrafter

Reaction score
This happened to me too. I have to say Im disappointed w/ its exchange integration. I get an outlook invitation emailed ot me, but I can't accept it on the phone. It only appears in my calendar AFTER i accept it via outlook. Did anyone get this working? Is there some setting you can tweak or some third party app that makes this a smoother process?

palpacino

Reaction score
Holy Crap!

Happened to me, too!

I think I have it figured out. Sorry if I got your hopes up with that last sentence, but by figured out I mean I think I know who is responsible.

The $20 Touchdown Email App.... what IF it was written by one of Android's developers.... and he is wanting to sell the crap out of his email app (which they are, big time, by the way)... what better way to do so than by sabotaging the native exchange support within Droid/Verizon/Android/Google/What the hell ever?

Its a solid conspiracy theory. 8)

Anyway, this sucks. Its stupid. Shouldnt happen. Needs to be fixed asap. Thanks for nothing, Verizon/Droid/Google/Android/Who the hell ever.

lisaashleyrafter

Reaction score
Palpacino,
It's a solid theory but I don't have that app installed.
However, I have seen another case of the "software sabotage" that you mention...a few days ago I installed the Slacker radio app and not even the next day all my sd card got mysteriously WIPED clean. 12 gb of music and some pics I had taken with my new droid were GONE.
It was on this site, actually, in another thread that someone mentioned slacker radio was the most likely culprit. It seemed like a good plan for slacker to basically delete all of your music so you have to dl an app to get some tunes. Not sure if it was intentional or not, but if it was, it's quite clever!!!!! I'm a developer by trade and I'd never go to such lengths as to "invent" a need for my product, but I guess that's a jumping off point for an ethics conversation which I'd rather not have. Talking about the droid is a lot more interesting.:r_c:
Lisa