Losing email accounts

s2k_848

Reaction score
OK, this is the second time it has happened on my Droid. Just out of the blues all my e-mail accounts just disappear. I have 4 e-mail accounts setup and I don't think it's anything I am doing wrong. I have one corporate exchange account, one gmail account, one comcast account, and one google app account.

When I click on email icon, it just comes up with blank screen and I have to setup all the email accounts all over again and sync.

Has this happened to anyone else?

MickeyG

Reaction score
This has happened to me once as well. Three accounts: Gmail, yahoo and exchange. No idea what might have caused it though. Haven't done a factory reset or anything like that.

R1Lover

Reaction score
Happened to me once too, I was like WTF.... hasn't happened since though.

gafadopt

Reaction score
The same thing happened to me - for no apparent reason, I lost my email and corporate calendar (which syncs with an Exchange Server) but my contacts remained.

Very frustrating, but it was curable by re-inputting all of the setup info.

OP
S

s2k_848

Reaction score
Yes, my contacts that were imported from Exchange was still on the phone as well. Only the email accounts were gone.

AdilSD

Reaction score
Same here, exchange email and calendar gone , contacts remain. Happened some time last night. Did I get a silent ota update?
Adil

lhfarm

Reaction score
Happend to me for the second time this morning. Exchange only. Where should we be reporting these problems?

Barry

pl4tinum

Reaction score
This also just happened to two of my users, their Exchange accounts disappeared almost simultaneously as they were in a business meeting.

Had to re-set them up manually like I did initially.

One of them is on 2.0.1 and one is 2.0.

pl4tinum

Reaction score
I re-added one of the accounts that had disappeared, and now when you click an e-mail, the e-mail that actually opens isn't the one you clicked.

This is a BAD bug!!!

tandjae

Reaction score
Happening to me over and over again.....

Email before and after the update is very problematic.

Emails combine from different accounts. Title line from exchange account, and body of email from yahoo.

After installing update, I cannot go into exchange email at all. Clicking an email to open gives an error message "process stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." You can "force close" and "report." I keep doing both with no improvement or fix occurring.

Help!!!!!

edkocher

Reaction score
email accounts go poof

Same thing here. I had 1 exchange acct and 2 POP3s + gmail. All but gmail just disappeared. The bizare thing is that in the root accounts and synch menu, the synch settings for the exchange account is still there, but the accounts are gone. If this happens again, I'm getting a BB and returning this.

pl4tinum

Reaction score
It will -- I already had to re-add the Exchange accounts twice. It appears that if you try to sync more than 1 week of e-mail on an account with quite a lot of mail in it, it starts freaking out.

OP
S

s2k_848

Reaction score
So far I have not had any issues other then the two times that it has happened. I do have 1 month of e-mail sync on each of my e-mail accounts. My exchange account is by far the biggest one out of the 4 though and then my comcast account is next.

MickeyG

Reaction score
Just had the disappearing e-mail accounts issue happen to a coworker.

Interesting theory about this and other issues being possibly caused by too much mail in the inbox...

knightshade

Reaction score
This just happened to me as well...
The only "oddity" that I can think is that my phone ran out of power (and powered down)... I rebooted after charging - and had no email (POP or Exchange) and had to reconfigure them.