Email Issue

quweee

Reaction score
Just got my droid x the other day and i've been trying to figure something out for my email. I'm trying to set up my email so that i can have it on my droid or on my computer. When i try to set up my email using a POP3, i can send and receive emails fine but it will remove them from the server so that i can't download them when i get back to my computer. When i try to use IMAP to set up my email, it will leave the email on the server, but when i download my emails to my computer, they disappear off my droidx. Is there a way to fix this so my emails will stay on the server so i can download them later and stay on my droid after i download them? I don't care which way i have to set up the email.

Thanks

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: and Congrats on the DX

I just use the gmail app and have no issues, the native email app gets a lot of complaints and I know some use K9 as a replacement, it is available in the Market

zonaRSX

Reaction score
Hey quwee, try searching in the Droid X forum. I know I had the same issue but was trying to figure out how to sync my mail that way any change I made on my Droid X gmail would reflect my PC account as well (if that makes sense). I change my gmail accounts to imap and anything I delete, save, etc.. from my X also changes on my home pc.

In your case, you might want to sign on to your gmail app at home and go to the settings menu. See what is checked and what not and maybe you can have some luck there.