Deleting eMail

Jpease

Reaction score
I set up a pop email account. When I delete it removes the email locally on the phone. But it will not delete it on the server. Where do I find the setting(s) on the phone to remove the email from the server when I delete?

Thanks,

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I set up a pop email account. When I delete it removes the email locally on the phone. But it will not delete it on the server. Where do I find the setting(s) on the phone to remove the email from the server when I delete?

Thanks,

If you go into your gmail settings on line you should see a setting that says "leave copy on server." Uncheck that or do whatever you have to and that should fix you up.

OP
J

Jpease

Reaction score

Thanks,

If you go into your gmail settings on line you should see a setting that says "leave copy on server." Uncheck that or do whatever you have to and that should fix you up.
thanks, but the pop email account that I want to delete emails sitting on the server is not the gmail account.

jimanderson3

Reaction score
Same problem - when I delete an e-mail on my phone, I want it deleted on the server. Also, If I've deleted it on the server (from my desktop), I'd like to sync that with the phone. My "old" Droid handled that fine, but can't find a way to do it with the Droid X.

Grifter

Reaction score
Same problem - when I delete an e-mail on my phone, I want it deleted on the server. Also, If I've deleted it on the server (from my desktop), I'd like to sync that with the phone. My "old" Droid handled that fine, but can't find a way to do it with the Droid X.

Same - I was looking for this feature for my Yahoo mail. I had it on the Moto Droid, but can't seem to find the setting on DX.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Use k9 from the market (free) and check box for setting to delete from server when you delete on phone.