easy root

krnmc

Reaction score
Does the easy root work for the 2.2? i did the root test thing and it said its compatible but i read somewhere either on their website or here that its not.....
So im confused... and i dont know how to do it ><

ha sorry, putting on roms for android seems a lot more complicated compare to omnia 1 and omnia2

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ehh it works but theres been a lot of problems with doing so. may i suggest link 1 or 3 in my signature. its a bit more work but youll understand what youre doing to your phone more (link 3) then if something goes wrong youll spend less time fixing it

OP
krnmc

krnmc

Reaction score
aww okay thanks =] and another question. if i download a program how do i install it in my phone? cause for winmow its a cab file and it does it automatically or i just have to find it and click on it but for android i have no clue how to install any program they ask me to have like the recovery thing.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
androids apps are in the .apk format. just move to sd card, browse to it using astro (free on market) and click on it

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yup no problem man. any more questions just ask

liam.

Reaction score
It works did it last night and am running bugless beast v.4 right now it worked great, but this is my 2nd time trying. I had it on my phone, downloaded a patch from their site and re-forced root. It worked this time around and have had no problems since

Sent from my Droid

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
what are the Motorola driver files?

drivers that you install on your computer so it can recognize the device

It works did it last night and am running bugless beast v.4 right now it worked great, but this is my 2nd time trying. I had it on my phone, downloaded a patch from their site and re-forced root. It worked this time around and have had no problems since

Sent from my Droid

didnt say it didnt work. its been a source of a lot of problems, though. but hey, to each their own..

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
not in any folders. the location will be /sdcard/your selected rom here

or recovery wont find it

OP
krnmc

krnmc

Reaction score
okay thank you! hah sorry but last question can i use sp recovery and clockworks? or does only one of them work for certain roms

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
u can use either. most roms are now update.zip method which can be applied with both

liam.

Reaction score
Like abe said to each his nown I know many are cautious of a one-click root app but so was I, I finally made the leap(again) and re tried it and got everything working.
This is what I did;
1. Install easy root from their website with the LATEST version
2. Open easy root go to the main page and clicked "Root Me" then reboot the phone. Meaning just turn it off then back on.
3. At this point when you go to your apps menu you should haqve the little "Ninja", this is your Superuser Permission list. Reopen easy root download Rom Manager and Busy Box.
4. Open Busy Box, allow superuser permission
5. Open Rom Manager, the first option, flash clockwork recovery, click it it will create a backup for you.
6. Scroll down to the custom roms, open it and select which one you want to run. Once it downloads open it and reboot and it should boot right to the recovery screen and takes a few minutes to download.

Sent from my Droid