Easy Root Problems

seyaffe

Reaction score
Hey, so i'm having some difficulties with my droid, and i was hoping u guys could help. So heres what happened...I was running stock 2.2 on my droid (manually updated) and i wanted to do some rooting (custom roms, etc.), so i got easy root and rooted by droid. That worked fine, drocap worked etc. Then, i downloaded rom manager and flashed clockworkmod recovery. It said it worked fine, so i proceeded to install cyanogenmod. However, when the phone rebooted, it took me to the normal android recovery. I was so confused, and i accidentally clicked install update.zip. (i think i installed by accident the stock 2.2 update over a rooted 2.2). So now, i am unrooted, yet still have the super user permissions app, and easy root thinks i'm still rooted, so i cant root it again. I'm thinking i might have to use rsd lite to go back to stock at this point, but i'm not sure.
Thanks in advance

OP
S

seyaffe

Reaction score
Oh and also i want to continue rooting my droid

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Easy Root and RM has issues with Froyo

Link # 2 in my sig, follow instructions carefully, do option 1, then 5, then 2, then install ANY Custom ROM and ...viola you're rooted.

After option 2 make a backup

OP
S

seyaffe

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response! However in the meantime tried some things on my own. My first plan was to sbf to 2.0.1 and use the update.zip exploit to root. I did that, got stock 2.0.1, but the android recovery was not working, so i could not use the exploit. At that point i just got pissed and ota'd to 2.2. So now i have a stock perfectly working 2.2...at this point, what is your best recommendation on how to get route access with custom roms working?

OP
S

seyaffe

Reaction score
Stock recovery is working correctly now btw

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Link # 2 in my sig read the OP carefully, espesically the blue text at the top.

Basically from where you are now.

1. Pick a Rom you want to try, D/L and rename to update.zip (make sure it's .zip not .zip.zip) You can pick a 2.2 Rom if you like.
2. move update.zip to root of sd card
3. Flash SPR with RSD (option 2)
4. Once it's done reboot recovery
5. Wipe Data/Cache x2 each
6. install
7. allow install
8. install update.zip depreciated
9. when done reboot
10. You now have a custom ROM with SPR as your backup utilty

OP
S

seyaffe

Reaction score
Thanks so much for your help! However, i already fixed my problem. Flashing clockwork recovery then sp recovery then clockwork fixed my problem...now i'm using custom roms :)