e-mail notifications

AngryDiva

Reaction score
I don't have a droid, but my boyfriend has a droid x and he and I are having some issues. He says that he has his e-mail notifications turned off, but notifications are still waking me in the middle of the night. He sleeps through it. He says that since he has notifications turned off at night, it must be my imagination. Ugh. Help.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't have a droid, but my boyfriend has a droid x and he and I are having some issues. He says that he has his e-mail notifications turned off, but notifications are still waking me in the middle of the night. He sleeps through it. Now, being the stubborn can't stand to be (or admit when he is) wrong, man that he is... He says that since he has notifications turned off at night, it must be my imagination. I am pissed. Rather than discuss with me and try to figure out what the notifications are he just said "It's not e-mails. I checked the times." and he walked out the door. Ugh. Help.

I don't see how we can offer any help if he doesn't want to discuss it with us. We don't know what his settings are, and if he says it's not email then it could a number of things.

Sorry, we're better at helping with Droid issues then relationship issues.;)

OP
A

AngryDiva

Reaction score
He said his "peak hours are 10pm to 7:30am. Shut off data after 15 minutes."

epiphone74

Reaction score
That does not work like that... it is still looking for push email etc... if none in 15 minutes turn off data till next search for email etc

needs to turn it to silent or airplane mode.... no worries alarms will still work for morning wake ups etc...

GCHunter

Reaction score
I would like to add to this question. My alert goes off for new text messages and emails. Is there anyway to not have it alert me to new emails?

scf

Reaction score
AG - sounds like he needs a new girlfriend, not an app.

Completely, or only during certain times?

If only during certain times, Tasker is quite the app for that kind of situation. Needs a bit of intuititiveness on your part though.

KLBailey

Reaction score
Scf...I was thinking almost the same thing. But I think she needs a new boyfriend, not him needing a new girlfriend. Guess its a gender thing. Lol

Back to the question... Before I go to bed I slide the volume slider so that it turns of all sounds. In the morning I just slide it so the sounds are turned back on. Alarm still works when you do this.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

scf

Reaction score
hehehe, yup. :)

Agreed on the volume slider, easy to do especially with audiomanager from the market.

KLBailey

Reaction score
I don't use an app. I just use stock.

qqqqqqqman

Reaction score
I don't have a droid, but my boyfriend has a droid x and he and I are having some issues. He says that he has his e-mail notifications turned off, but notifications are still waking me in the middle of the night. He sleeps through it. He says that since he has notifications turned off at night, it must be my imagination. Ugh. Help.

I would say he's just not doing it right.

--go to EMAIL
--push the MENU (hard button) on the bottom left of the phone
--select NOTIFICATIONS
--select RINGTONES
--select SILENT

Pretty simple...not sure why you get these long answers from people much smarter about these things than I. It's not about "peak hours", or "data pushing", "new apps", or "volume sliders". Just flip the email notification ringtone to SILENT.

KLBailey

Reaction score
Qman....its not just email notifications. He probably did that one right. Its all notifications, probably text ones also. My way is fewer steps (just a swipe) and all notifications are off.

scf

Reaction score
Scf...I was thinking almost the same thing. But I think she needs a new boyfriend, not him needing a new girlfriend. Guess its a gender thing. Lol
A little off topic here, but I got to thinking. I don't typically think along those lines, and I wondered. When I was posting, it was geared towards "AngryDiva", and not necessarily the poster. If that makes any sense. Had her username been anything that wasn't quite so demonstrative, I'd likely have given different initial advice. However, even with that thinking, it was pure jest. Humor, nothing more, nothing less. Thanks for seeing it like that, and not reading more into it.

*sigh* I'm rambling. This lack of sleep stuff was ok when I was 20, now that I'm 43, not so much. HAH! This getting old stuff...sucks.

musicman

Reaction score
If you are looking for more customization I recommend using the Bedside app. Very easy to use and very effective. Give it a try and if it doesn't work you have 24 hours to get your money back.

KLBailey

Reaction score
A little off topic here, but I got to thinking. I don't typically think along those lines, and I wondered. When I was posting, it was geared towards "AngryDiva", and not necessarily the poster. If that makes any sense. Had her username been anything that wasn't quite so demonstrative, I'd likely have given different initial advice. However, even with that thinking, it was pure jest. Humor, nothing more, nothing less. Thanks for seeing it like that, and not reading more into it.

*sigh* I'm rambling. This lack of sleep stuff was ok when I was 20, now that I'm 43, not so much. HAH! This getting old stuff...sucks.

You're quite welcome. I totally took it in jest. My comment was also meant in jest. Hope no one was offended or upset. I'm the LAST person to give relationship advice.
Old???? Honey, wait till you can no longer make it past the news....6 o'clock news that is. Wait till you're my age. Once you embrace the age thing...it doesn't suck as bad. lol dancedroid