How to switch between e-mail accounts?

IanG

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry about the question but my dad is on limited time. He has a Droid X, and an exchange e-mail account set up on his phone, and also wants his POP3 Comcast account. We added that account too, but whenever we click the "Email" shortcut, it only brings up the default mail account, and I can't find a way to easily switch between the two accounts.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks much!!

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
You might want to try the K-9 Mail app. It does a better job of handling multiple accounts and is more customizable than the stock email clients.

And best of all, it is free.

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry about the question but my dad is on limited time. He has a Droid X, and an exchange e-mail account set up on his phone, and also wants his POP3 Comcast account. We added that account too, but whenever we click the "Email" shortcut, it only brings up the default mail account, and I can't find a way to easily switch between the two accounts.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks much!!

In the default mail client, you can click the email address/account name in the top right and it will show you all accounts.

At least that is how I do it. But Abe1234567 might come in and tell me that he needs proof of it working that way, so don't quote me on it.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have an Exchange account and Gmail. I've not been able to find an app that handles both so I have two separate apps (K9 for Gmail and Corporate for Exchange).

Some folks have used Touchdown to manage multiple accounts, especially when one ie Exchange but it is a paid app (almost $25 I believe).

Mike

dcrebelxt

Reaction score
I was just trying to solve this issue myself (corporate e-mail & MS live account.)

My best solution was to NOT use the e-mail application, but instead use the "Messaging" application.

On my DX, when I open it I get a choice of different messaging (Universal Inbox, Text messaging, Facebook... but ALSO separated out nicely are my two email accounts (Corporate and Live.)