DX2 and Launcher Pro - Is it me or....

Sandso9

Reaction score
Try running the supercharge script and run line 8 should fix any redraws in LP

I tried option 6 (Balanced 2) and so far it's definitely running better. Haven't had LP redraw yet and I've been using it a few hours, including market and even a few new app installs. This may have fixed it! Will keep you updated over the next couple days.

Well that's good glad its working so far.

Sent from my DROID X2

xgrinder911

Reaction score
Try freezing all of the bloat ware on phone to conserve memory then freeze moto home(stock launcher) and immediately unfreeze it to kill it, be warned though keeping it frozen will make the CPU try as hard as it can to find n open a non exisiting app

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

I tried option 6 (Balanced 2) and so far it's definitely running better. Haven't had LP redraw yet and I've been using it a few hours, including market and even a few new app installs. This may have fixed it! Will keep you updated over the next couple days.

Where does one find these scripts?

Elkay

Reaction score

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/148268-script-v6-supercharger-htk-bulletproof-launchers-fix-memory-all-androids.html

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/148268-script-v6-supercharger-htk-bulletproof-launchers-fix-memory-all-androids.html

Gracias. Just what I needed, another way to waste time fiddling w/my phone. ;-)

psychotic_penguin

Reaction score
Gonna take a look at this tonight, I'll post back results.

Edit: Initial results are way positive, I run ADW EX and have had constant issues with redrawing, ran the script option 6 not one redraw since. The risk here is minimal, anything you do can be undone the reward is no more redraws and improved performance.

Last edited:

Elkay

Reaction score
Using it more, I think option 6 seems a "little" better than option 7. Could just be in my mind, though.

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I'm still a little surprised at how well it works on devices on 512mb or more ram.
The OOM grouping on all phones seems to be screwy then.

Anyway, you guys should try higher minfree settings so that the phone doesn't get bogged down after running alot of apps.

The update will have a MegaMemory Setting of 6,12,75,125,150,175 mb so you can use the Cust-OOMizer to input those values.

Slot 3 determines free ram the most so you will have about 100mb free all the time and it will be fast... all the time :D

Elkay

Reaction score
The update will have a MegaMemory Setting of 6,12,75,125,150,175 mb so you can use the Cust-OOMizer to input those values.

These are the settings I've been using for over a week now and it's pretty much fixed everything. I haven't even had a camera reset since changing to those. dancedroid

psychotic_penguin

Reaction score
I'm still a little surprised at how well it works on devices on 512mb or more ram.

Anyway, you guys should try higher minfree settings so that the phone doesn't get bogged down after running alot of apps.

Slot 3 determines free ram the most so you will have about 100mb free all the time and it will be fast... all the time :D

Have you updated or is it coming?

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Have you updated or is it coming?
Still coming...
I've been so busy with work that I haven't had time.

V8 SuperCharger will have additional sysctl tweaks (vm,kernel,net), lock n load apps, 3G TurboCharger (usually build.prop tweaks but using local.prop), user selectable colours (see op of my thread for scree caps) among other things.

edit: Elkay, I'm glad that it's working so well for you :)

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
It's not quite V8 yet but I've updated V6.
It now has a MegaMemory Device setting and has other fixes.

I HOPE that the init.d/99SuperCharger boot script will load up at boot now...