DX2 charging issue

Wraith

Reaction score
So...after 6 months I found another issue with my DX2. This has been found on 2 phones (wife and mine). A quick search here did not find this posted.

If my battery drains and phone shuts off, I CANNOT recharge it with low power USB (computer or car) it needs wall wart.
It just keeps cycling boot screen every few minutes.

This is really bad. I don't recall my og Droid doing this.

Has anyone else seen this?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
How many tines have you drained the battery?? I may be wrong but if you discharge the battery to much, you can cause a low voltage issue. I believe that it just goes into boot loop while plugged in and that's about it.

Have you tried keeping the phone off and letting it charge for a while?? I leave my dx2 off and let it fully charge at night, same with the bionic. The x and the maxx.

sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

OP
Wraith

Wraith

Reaction score
Yes. I have tried to keep it off when recharging.

This originally was found 3 weeks ago when I could not recharge my phone. So I got a battery swap at the local verizon store. Then a couple days ago I let my phone drain completely, and noticed I had this charging issue again. Instead of getting a new battery I plugged it into the wall and it was able to recharge. But using my car charger or a computer it would not recharge. My wifes dx 2 also has had this issue.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yes. I have tried to keep it off when recharging.

This originally was found 3 weeks ago when I could not recharge my phone. So I got a battery swap at the local verizon store. Then a couple days ago I let my phone drain completely, and noticed I had this charging issue again. Instead of getting a new battery I plugged it into the wall and it was able to recharge. But using my car charger or a computer it would not recharge. My wifes dx 2 also has had this issue.

IMHO Killing your battery is the issue. I would recommend turning your phone off before you kill the battery, except in emergency situations. Have you considered looking into extended capacity batteries?

sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

Last edited: