Last day to switch back

mypalOtis

Reaction score
Okay- So I have had a DX2 for a week after initially getting my Droid 3. Love the display and light weight feel of the handset plus better call and pic quality, but am somewhat missing the keyboard and smoothness of the Droid 3. My Dx2 has been a little glitchy too- the home keys lighting up when I turn it on but not the display; screens opening up that I never touched; lack of responsiveness with touch screen or sometimes over sensitivity; when in browser mode if there is an overlay the thing below what I touch gets hit instead of what I actually touch.

Just wanted to get any final thoughts from the Dx2 crowd on whether to keep my X2 or switch back to my Droid 3? I have till tommorow to switch back.

Any thoughts would be great.

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Never played with the D3 but in my opinon after now going from a DX to DX2 to Droid Charge. I hate the X/X2 all together...nothing but problems. I am sure you will encounter more if you stick with the X2. My Girl also went from her DX to the HTC Incredible 2 and she's not missing ANYTHING the DX had to offer. I mean...how can an 8MP camera be so diffrent just because its a diffrent model phone? Quality should be the same but they're not. The X and X2 in my opinon again, are ticking time-bombs. If I were you, Id go back to D3...I'm curious on weather Id be able to switch out my X2 for the D3...was able to choose any 3G phones but we decided the INC2 and DX2. I think if I call with my list of issues I'll be givin that option again, and to my knowledge the D3 is a 3G only phone right?

OP
M

mypalOtis

Reaction score
Trip- thanx for your honesty. Yes, the D3 is only 3G as well. The D3 was not without it's issues....but it just seems I am having more with the X2. I am also very curious to see how the D3 perfroms with the new update. Like I said before though...the screen on the X2 is fantastic and it's so much lighter and easier to hold than the D3. I hate making desicions- lol. Everyone on here has been a big help though. I'll let you know.

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
The weight is the only thing I don't like about my d3. My brother has a x2 and I love the light weight feel of it...but it is a little glitchy to me.
The update we just got has extended battery life at least x3. I love it now.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
M

mypalOtis

Reaction score
The weight is the only thing I don't like about my d3. My brother has a x2 and I love the light weight feel of it...but it is a little glitchy to me.
The update we just got has extended battery life at least x3. I love it now.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Ha- my bro has the X2 as well and that;s why he convinced me to switch. Plus it was 30 bucks cheaper.

georgepetro

Reaction score
According to consumer reports the sound quality and battery are better with the X2

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums