DX2 and Launcher Pro - Is it me or....

etavadia

Reaction score
Got my new DX2 and love it. Installed Launcher Pro Plus on it like I did on my DX.

It seems that everytime I go to my home screen it has to refresh the page. It's getting to to point where I don't want to use it anymore.

Has anyone seen this? I've tried all the settings in LauncherPro but it still refreshes the screen every time I go to Home.

Thanks,
Eric

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
When you say refresh are you talking about redraw?? Like it lags loading the home screen??

sent from somewhere...

OP
E

etavadia

Reaction score
When you say refresh are you talking about redraw?? Like it lags loading the home screen??

sent from somewhere...

The redraw lags. Sometimes its instant but most times it lags and has to redraw each icon. Takes up valuable time.

Thanks

Elkay

Reaction score
It's happening to me, too. Seems to be a memory problem, possibly. Happens less with less widgets on the homepages. Could just be a coincidence, dunno. It's really annoying, that's for sure.

Elkay

Reaction score
That sounded like kind of a bad thing, but I suppose I could try it. I've heard that it doesn't make much difference with redraws usually. Will give it a shot.

Elkay

Reaction score
Negatory. Very first thing I tried it redrew again. It seems to happen everytime without fail when I go to the market and exit out. Happens pretty randomly with other apps.

bigdad63

Reaction score
Try running the echo.ro command that locks home in memory. It usually works for me.

Sandso9

Reaction score
Try running the supercharge script and run line 8 should fix any redraws in LP

kookk

Reaction score
I noticed this too. I just started using adwex and it runs smooth as butter

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Elkay

Reaction score
Try running the supercharge script and run line 8 should fix any redraws in LP

I tried option 6 (Balanced 2) and so far it's definitely running better. Haven't had LP redraw yet and I've been using it a few hours, including market and even a few new app installs. This may have fixed it! Will keep you updated over the next couple days.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just curious if you have tried other launchers? For instance Go Launcher Ex is dang near identical to LPP. Not all the widgets but everything else plus a little (like auto hiding notification and dock). Just try it and see if you have similar issues.

I realized on my DX anyway that the absolute fastest launcher for me is the stock one from the 595. But SPB 3D Shell is right behind it, followed by LPP and Go Launcher which are almost identical as stated. But Go Launcher does seem a bit faster.

Elkay

Reaction score
LP is the only non-stock launcher that I've used. As stated, the way I have my phone set up I use 3 of the LP widgets pretty extensively, so the other launchers really aren't an option without redoing a lot and purchasing other widgets to pick up the slack.