Dry Carbon Wrapped Moto Droid

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow looks great! Process of application sounds too involved for me tastes though. I'd be kinda cool if you posted a video on how to apply it, as I'm very curious.

OP
DSCRACING

DSCRACING

Reaction score
It's no walk in the park thats for sure, The keys to wrapping are Heating, Stretching, Pulling and a very sharp blade. In the end I now have a standout droid that looks "In my eyes" Awesome.

I normally HATE 99% of the "Carbon Look" This is the 1%.. My Race Car has REAL Dry Carbon parts and from only a few inches away you can't tell the impostor!

cuskit

Reaction score
It's no walk in the park thats for sure, The keys to wrapping are Heating, Stretching, Pulling and a very sharp blade. In the end I now have a standout droid that looks "In my eyes" Awesome.

I normally HATE 99% of the "Carbon Look" This is the 1%.. My Race Car has REAL Dry Carbon parts and from only a few inches away you can't tell the impostor!
Can we assume your avatar is your pit crew? :icon_ devil: Love the car! Where do you race? What's under the hood? No hijack - start a new thread in "off topic" about your car... :) mike

OP
DSCRACING

DSCRACING

Reaction score
Car will be back from the body shop today so I will start a new thread in off topic soon, As I did one on the car last year.. Worlds Fastest most powerful SRT-4 (7.9@188mph) (1400whp 4cyl.) And yes I'm a sucker for a female with ink! :icon_ devil:

cuskit

Reaction score
Yes - following Super Moderator Sam's advice to search "3M Di-NOC Dry Carbon Fiber vinyl" (in post #10 of this thread) you will come up with dozens of sites - most also include videos showing the application of this vinyl. Thanks Sam! I'm having a ball perusing all those excellent websites! MJ5150 - thanks also for your link! :) mike

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh wow just saw a video and it's actually not too bad. A little time consuming but with patience it seems pretty doable. Is it permanent after putting it on though? Like if I mess up on something am I SOL? Also to get a really good application wouldn't it be better to disassemble the droid? Assuming you didn't disassemble it for you application of couse.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh wow just saw a video and it's actually not too bad. A little time consuming but with patience it seems pretty doable. Is it permanent after putting it on though? Like if I mess up on something am I SOL? Also to get a really good application wouldn't it be better to disassemble the droid? Assuming you didn't disassemble it for you application of couse.

nah, it's just vinyl.. don't like it? rip it off. you might have to take some goo-gone to it, but it won't break anything...

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

nah, it's just vinyl.. don't like it? rip it off. you might have to take some goo-gone to it, but it won't break anything...

Wow that's pretty sweet then haha I'm tempted to try it.

OP
DSCRACING

DSCRACING

Reaction score
Its not the wrap that's damaging, its the fact you have to cut and trim with a razor! So no you can't just rip it off and act like it was never there.

I've had a lot of experience with stickers and decals over the years and this is by no means a beginners job! It took me 45mins. And yes if I take the wrap off there will be signs of a razor! So "BEWARE "

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Think I'm going to order a small sheet and 'skin' my Seidio case:icon_ banana::icon_ banana: Will give the look with that added bonus of the extra size and weight (which I like). Not to mention should be easier to not screw up. Worse case I'm out a case, no biggie (I want the blue one anyway, lol).

MJ5150

Reaction score
Oh wow just saw a video and it's actually not too bad. A little time consuming but with patience it seems pretty doable.

I'm going to try it tomorrow and see what happens.

DSCRACING...how much bulk does this add to the phone? I'm guessing very little?

-Mike

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Think I'm going to order a small sheet and 'skin' my Seidio case:icon_ banana::icon_ banana: Will give the look with that added bonus of the extra size and weight (which I like). Not to mention should be easier to not screw up. Worse case I'm out a case, no biggie (I want the blue one anyway, lol).

Oh wow that's a great idea! Haha I wanna try it, definitely post up pics when you finished guys!

MJ5150

Reaction score
Oh wow that's a great idea! Haha I wanna try it, definitely post up pics when you finished guys!

Dangit. The guy who said he had this product pulled a fast one on me when I got to his shop. He didn't have exactly what I wanted, but some cheesy variation.

I'm going to need to order a sheet now and get it shipped here.

-Mike