Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
The Samsung Galaxy S4 is barely out there in the hands of reviewers and there is already a variety of cases pledged for the 5-incher with a Full HD Super AMOLED display. Putting a case on your precious and expensive S4 is a no brainer, given that Samsung went with plastic for the chassis again, albeit with a metal side rim this time.

Most popular makers are already starting to come up with the best case scenarios for the Galaxy S4, and we are sure a lot more are in the works, including battery ones, so check out the cases below to know what's out there when you wrap your hands around Samsung's new flagship device.
These cases should be available shortly after the GS4 is released globally on April 26th.

1. Samsung S View Cover

Nothing better than the original, and Samsung actually infused its own case accessories with the novel S View Cover, which, besides clipping to the the handset, protecting the screen and the back, has a transparent cutout which shows tailored info and notifications on the phone's screen when the cover is closed.

scover.jpg

2. OtterBox Defender, Commuter and Reflex series

Ranging from $35 to $60 the OtterBox Defender, Commuter and Reflex series provide varied levels of protection and unwieldiness in a multitude of colors, when wrapped around your precious Galaxy S4.

defender.png

3. Belkin Galaxy S4 Exclusive Wallet Folio with Stand ($49.99)

Belkin's $50 Walet Folio might not come cheap, but it fuses together all major case variations - it's a natural leather protective folio, a wallet case with openings for your cards and cash, and on top of all that folds into a stand if you need to watch a movie more comfortably, or follow a recipe on the kitchen counter.

belkin.png

4. Belkin Galaxy S4 Slim-Fit Armband ($34.99)

Belkin has another innovative case in store for you when the Galaxy S 4 lands in your lap, or arm, in this case scenario - the Galaxy S 4 Slim-Fit Armband is made of breathable material and has reflective accents for when you are jogging later in the evening. There is also cord storage integrated into the strap, so your headphone gear doesn't get all tangled up.

belkinarmband.png

5. Griffin Reveal for Samsung Galaxy S4 ($24.99)

Griffin's Reveal see-through polycarbonate shell adds just a millimeter thickness to your Galaxy S 4, yet protects it as polycarb can do well, and has side bumpers to keep bruises and scratches away, plus you still get to keep the phone's original design in sight.

griffinreveal.png

6. Cygnett Feel and Form ($19.99)

Leave it to Cygnett to provide your Galaxy S 4 protection in stylish color. The Form series on the left is a hard case scenario in "Sapphire Blue, Ruby Pink, Onyx Black, Diamond White and 2013 Pantone® Color of the Year, Emerald Green,", while the Feel series (on the right), is with soft rubbery finish, and is featured in Lilac, Mint, Fairy Floss, Charcoal and Black.

cygnett.png

7. Cygnett Urban Shield Carbon Fiber white ($29.99)

Worried that the HTC One comes in a slick aluminum chassis? Fret not, you can one up it now (pun intended) by dressing your Galaxy S4 in no less than carbon fiber. Take that HTC! The Cygnett Urban Shield comes in black and silver carbon fiber on the back, and also provides bumper protection for the sides.

cygnetturban.png

8. Case-Mate Olo TREAD for Samsung Galaxy S4 ($15)

Made out of a thin and resistant flexible material the TREAD by Case-Mate's Olo brand provides a pretty inexpensive way to stop worrying about scratches on your Galaxy S 4, and the tire-thread pattern allows for a much better grip.

oloTread.png

9. Case-Mate Olo Glacier for Galaxy S4 ($20)

Want to see your Galaxy S4 in a really catchy translucent color? Here comes Glacier by Case-Mate - a flexible protective wrapping in candy color that is sure to attract some attention.

glacier.png

10. iLuv Jstyle ($79.99)

The most expensive case in this Galaxy S4 collection is a Swiss army knife of a wrapping, as it's made of genuine calf leather, features five slots for cards and IDs as well as three openings for cash and coins, at the same time providing protection for the S4, and keeping its ports and buttons easily accessible.

iLuvJstyle.png

Well there you have it folks. To those who know me, know I'm somewhat of a case whore :p as I've bough about 6 different cases for my Galaxy Nexus which 3 of them I ended up giving away after trying out and rotating the other 3.
Looking at this line up above, I will most definitely try at least 3 of them. I'm not in to bulky cases so I will be getting with the white Cygnett Urban cover, the white Samsung S View Cover and the Belkin Slim-Fit armband for working out to go with my White Frost GS4.

Do any of these cases interest you? Looking forward to a particular brand that wasn't mentioned above? Let us know by replying in this thread!

weber3040

Reaction score
Do you have any insight on a decent quality Bluetooth keyboard case or a decent battery case for the s4?

p1ngputts

Reaction score
What do you think of the Urban Armor Gear cases? Saw some articles praising the case but never heard of the company before.

Maddog241

Reaction score
What do you think of the Urban Armor Gear cases? Saw some articles praising the case but never heard of the company before.

I just bought the UAG case. It is light and solid and I think the design is very cool. It feels like it will be good protection and fits perfectly.

Maddog241

Reaction score
Thanks. Picked up the burnt orange color.

The orange color was the first one I saw and is very cool. It was a toss up for me between that and the white, but I went with white. I still might get orange too since I like the case and how it feels and fits....and just because it is cool as well.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Have the Ottorbox Commuter case, the while on grey color to offset the black phone. Looks great and does not add much bulk or weight.

Dark Helmut

Reaction score
im using the triden ageis on my s4 right now i like it gives me protection without the bulk they also have he kraken ams and the cyclops series as well

BLeClair12

Reaction score
Spigen neo hybrid is what im rocking its a great case

Same here. Metal Slate. Absolutely love it, it's the first case I've ever owned that I truly love. Form fitting, solid protection for what I need, and best of all, it looks naked. I've had several people ask me why I don't have a case on my phone.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Just got my Spigen Slim Armor today and so far liking it. I don't plan on using it everyday, but it's really nice and doesn't add too much bulk. Not as thin as the Neo Hybrid, but this one is supposed to add more protection, plus I got it for $15 so why not. Love how it looks and it looks like it can really take a drop, though I'm not testing that on purpose :D