1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

My new Carbon Fiber Driod Case!

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by Hayden, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hayden

Hayden New Member

Hey guys. Iv learked on here for quite some time. Never really had a reason to post. My last phone was a G1 and i bought a real* carbon fiber case for it from Infinity Carbon. Great fit, finish, and customer service. They just released the case for the Droid. Im a big motorcycle/car guy and it fits me perfectly.

Here are a few pics. Snaps on in 2 seconds and fits great. I highly recommend it. Looks like im going to order a case from them for my new iPad too. :icon_ banana:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hayden
    Last edited: May 1, 2010
  2. Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0 New Member

looks sweet....how much?
  3. a031363

a031363 New Member

Is there a front too or just the back? How do you get one and what do they cost?
  4. Hayden

Hayden New Member

Its just the back cover. I asked why they didnt make the face plate as i though i saw on there Face book that they made one. It turns out that they did for a short period of time. They piece is very complicated to make. It was pretty pricey for both parts when they made them. The sales rep told me that face plate was just to delicate and expensive to make. Im 100% content with just the rear cover and understand why it would be hard to make. Im a carbon fiber nerd and its on everything i own.

It was $99. Its by no means cheap and its not for everyone. Most people would buy a cheap'o ebay "Carbon fiber" case for 3 bucks. This is the real deal. If you are a carbon guy like me $99 is pretty reasonable as i just bought a real carbon shift knob for $200....

I got it off there site Infinity Carbon - Carbon Fiber Parts & Accessories

Hayden
  5. toastedoats

toastedoats New Member

Looks nice, CarbonCase is going to have their hands full trying to keep up
  6. Hayden

Hayden New Member

Thanks, Im really happy with it. My pics are not very good nor dose it give any justice.

Hayden
  7. MJ5150

MJ5150 New Member

SUH-frickin-WEET! I just bought one. Thanks for the heads up.

I wonder why there is a such a huge gap next to the volume button though. That is odd.

-Mike
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  8. Hayden

Hayden New Member

If i had to guess it to have minimal material for when the screen slides. Its doesn't touch it when it opens, but its close. I had a case from them for my G1 and its similar in design and had more material removed on the sliding side too. Im not 100% sure though. Hey Mike its well work the loot if your into Carbon Fiber.

Hayden
  9. MJ5150

MJ5150 New Member

I bought one, then I e-mailed them to see about getting another one with a custom logo on the back.

I'm not a big car guy, so none of the standard custom backs interested me.

-Mike
  10. Hayden

Hayden New Member

Thats cool mike.They do custom logos? What kind are you going to get. That would be unique.

Hayden
  11. MJ5150

MJ5150 New Member

The website said they do custom work.

I inquired about one with a University of Florida logo on the back, and one with the Pittsburgh Penguins logo.

-Mike
  12. Hayden

Hayden New Member

UF huh.... i think a FSU logo would be much better fit. Haha Just kidding.... not really :). I think i may shoot them an email. I have a few ideas as well for there ipad case i want to order.

Hayden
  13. MJ5150

MJ5150 New Member

Sweet. I have a couple other things I want made in CF, so I'll see how this case looks when I get it.

-Mike
  14. EmmVeePee

EmmVeePee New Member

15. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

SWEET, finally someone that can actually make and deliver a real case... Hayden can you please post a few pics of the 'inside' of the case (the part that rests on/against the phone). Thanks, this looks great (least better than anything CarbonCase has been able to produce).

Edit:
    Also another ? does this case "clip" on or is it just friction fitted? And is the small whole next to the power button (second mic) open (i.e. not covered). Thanks again.
  16. chops

chops New Member

not my cup of tea looks ugly and uneven on the cuts
  17. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

For others interested I have been in contact with monCarbon and they are willing to make a run of cases (30+) if they get pre-orders. PM me if you're interested and I'll give you the info.
  18. Hayden

Hayden New Member

Ill get pics up of the inside later tonight. The inside looks as good as the outside. They have clips on the edges. Its stays on very tight just like it should. This is not a home brew case. Like i said im a VERY picky person when it comes to my cars and carbon fiber. My phone case is better quality than anything on my car. Im going to use Infinity Carbon for a few custom parts i need done.

Maybe were not looking at the same case..... Each to there own. Check out there site Infinity Carbon - Carbon Fiber Parts & Accessories for better pic. Mine give no justice. Carbon fiber is not for everyone. Not to mention there are not mass produced in china. They state each case is hand made in the US. I really like that.

My best friend bought a MonCarbon case. The quality was poor and was not even clear coated. Had a dull finish in a couple of weeks. It also blocked his phones signal and didn't work most of the time. He took it off and had full service. I told him to buy a Infinity Carbon case. He did being leery of his signal strength. But he has had no issues with it. There are a lot of people who have this same complaint with the MonCarbon case. Infinity Carbon all the way, plus there no need for a group buy. They already make them.

Just my 2 cents.

Hayden
  19. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Wow! Somehow I missed this thread yesterday. I'm quite impressed - their website looks good.

How long did it take to reach you after ordering? Are they stocking these or "made to order"? Any other colors?

Thanks for posting the pix! :) mikey
  20. Hayden

Hayden New Member

You would be even more impressed with the case. It took about 3-4 days to get to me and free shipping. Its said on there site they were made to order but i got it really fast. So i think they stock them. Wouldnt know why they wouldn't, im sure they sell a lot. As far as "colors" carbon fiber only comes in "black". I did see that they use Hybrid materials (Carbon fiber and Kevlar (colored). So they maybe able to custom make you one. Not sure though.

Hayden
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
carbon fiber case for droid bionic
carbon fiber droid 4

droid 4 carbon fiber case

droid bionic real carbon fiber

droid razr real carbon fiber case

droid x 2 carbonfiber case for sale
droid x2 carbon fiber case
htc droid incredible real carbon fiber case