DroidForums.net & Ultimate Droid ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beron

Reaction score
Blackdroid

Thanks for sharing the story from you perspective BlackDroid, but you really avoid the one question that is the core issue here.

The explanation of this spredsheet that shows that you copied the Cyanogen Mod and did not compile it from source at all. You talk about one XML file, well this is a lot more and you appear dishonest by denying it.

Admit it, move on and the story is over.

joscon

Reaction score
This Sucks

This is a damn shame. I became a premium member to this forum because Blackdroid's ROM's were here, now They're not. I wish there was a way I could rescind my payment.
At he very least, this forum should have waited until he released the "new" UDv10 where he claims to fix the "mistake" and post all the code used.
Why did you band the flaming. Censorship plain and simple!

Please be my guest. Don't just threaten me with you bull$hit "30 day Vacation"/ suspension. In fact in, I suspend you Droid Forum.:icon_evil:

joscon

Reaction score
This is a damn shame. I became a premium member to this forum because Blackdroid's ROM's were here, now They're not. I wish there was a way I could rescind my payment.
At he very least, this forum should have waited until he released the "new" UDv10 where he claims to fix the "mistake" and post all the code used.

Please be my guest. Don't just threaten me with you bull$hit "30 day Vacation"/ suspension. In fact in, I suspend you Droid Forum.:icon_evil:

Edit: I mean supporting member and "Why didn't you band the flaming.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My opionion......unfair is right. I have a decision to make. I am a proud supporter of droidforums.net but an injustice has been done, that being said it may be best for me at this point to leave the forum and think some things over. I don't know the entire story on "why" this decision has been made and i am certain that i never will. Hopefully blackdroid will move forward with his roms, i will just have to use his site it looks like and get support from his IRC channel. Since using his roms and doing an across the board comparison there is no equal rom available.

I second that...very well said
BD we will follow you wherever you go, cause besides making the best ROM's out there you are also a hell of a nice guy, you were always there to answer any question that was asked.

Godspeed BD
I was using developer's ROMs before they called DF home, I will continue to use BD's ROM's wherever he lands. I will also test other ROM's too as they come out because you never know when the next "BEST" ROM will be out.

huskur

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the story from you perspective BlackDroid, but you really avoid the one question that is the core issue here.

The explanation of this spredsheet that shows that you copied the Cyanogen Mod and did not compile it from source at all. You talk about one XML file, well this is a lot more and you appear dishonest by denying it.

2 things on my mind

1. Can someone link Blackdroids perspective?

2. Wish someone would do a spreadsheet on google code and compare all 3

itsfriggenme

Reaction score
All these things can simply be narrowed down to a few things, money, greed, power, and ego. None of the you will see I am about as you read this post.

My name is Greg.

I am an ex owner of a profitable computer services business. I closed up shop in order to stay home and help my sick grandfather. He has passed and left our family with a big house with lots of bills, no jobs, and no money.

For those of you that seek the truth....

1.To clear something up when I say internet issues...it either means I didn't have enough money to pay the bill or the internet went out and I didn't have enough money to pay the car insurance enough to drive to the library. :/

2. I haven't had not one paid app in any of my roms since 2.0. Which was a mistake since the app was no longer on the market I figured it would be ok for me to include. Rookie mistake on my part but as soon as I was made aware it was cleared up immediately.

3. I was not banned from alldroid, the closed my forum down at the request of a Mr. Peter Alfonso. I had no warez apps in my Rom at the time and had not broken any rules, but he at the time was the sites biggest most well know developer and he didn't like the attention (which I hate cause it always brings trouble as we have all seen) that my roms where getting so that was the only thing they could come up with...ask any of my users from back then and they will tell you.

4. For those who think I can give soo much support because I'm not actually developing this is not true. Everybody knows why. Lol I just don't sleep!!! And on top of that like I said before RIGHT NOW I DON'T HAVE A JOB.

5. I HAVE MORALS. If I made a mistake I will be man enough to say it, but I'm not going to lie and bow down to someone and give them false credit. The truth is this. I used to be friends with Koush and supported him OPENLY I was THE FIRST to jump on the Rom manager bandwagon. Then one day I realized that we though very differently on how we viewed the community. Even though I am broke and I understand fully that developing is very time consuming I still don't believe that people should be charged for what they can get for free. Didn't agree with him just said we have a difference of opinion and asked politely to have ultimate Droid removed from the Rom manger list (was removed and later reported without my permission). I and a member of my team tried to bring this thing to a close peacefully and tried to be men about this and asked what would squash this situation...we complied, and yet the onslaught and childishness continued. There was nothing that could have been said or done to resolve the issue. They only came to destroy which if this trend catches on will have a DEVASTATING affect on the community.

I only came to have fun and to share what I have made. I don't have anything to gain. As far as donation I really do appreciate the ones that did and am really thankfull because whether you knew it or not you helped literally feed my family.

I will be continuing over at ultimatedroid.com thanks to soccer and will try to be there to help you guys as much as I can.

This was no sob story people. It's real life and for anyone that actually wants to support this community I just want to let you know..fighting solves nothing, so don't get dragged down with the rest of them. Please!

I Knew there was something genuine about you.. regardless of how you did it, always willing to help, never did I notice you angry about the countless repetitive posts, and even if the big red letters came up, you were right back in your place again.

regardless of whos crying about whos rom it is,, unless you opened up your editors and starting writing code 1, the data wasnt yours to begin with, regardless of what chincy ass liscence you put on it. it was someone elses hard work they put in to it, usually a team of ppl, but still..

you can go in the kitchen and make a cake from scratch and call it your own,, but if you buy one and put a candle on it and some writing, guess what,, ITS NOT YOURS...no matter what the origional baker said you can do with it. ( I like metaphores) cant spell for krap but I dont really care..

BD, I commend you on your efforts as a ROm dev, Rom Hack what ever it may be, and your overall personallity.. Keep making your kool aid, cuz that **** is tasty.....

huskur

Reaction score
My opionion......unfair is right. I have a decision to make. I am a proud supporter of droidforums.net but an injustice has been done, that being said it may be best for me at this point to leave the forum and think some things over. I don't know the entire story on "why" this decision has been made and i am certain that i never will. Hopefully blackdroid will move forward with his roms, i will just have to use his site it looks like and get support from his IRC channel. Since using his roms and doing an across the board comparison there is no equal rom available.

BD we will follow you wherever you go, cause besides making the best ROM's out there you are also a hell of a nice guy, you were always there to answer any question that was asked.

Godspeed BD
I was using developer's ROMs before they called DF home, I will continue to use BD's ROM's wherever he lands. I will also test other ROM's too as they come out because you never know when the next "BEST" ROM will be out.

That will be my continued support path also for BlackDroid. BD supporters should use his website www.ultimatedroid.com for his roms and IRC channel for support until he is welcomed to a new forum or creates his own. (hope he creates his OWN) That would be ultimately best

ink

Reaction score

Edit: I mean supporting member and "Why didn't you band the flaming.

Still not sure what you're saying. Do you mean "ban"?

Reaction score

Godspeed BD

That will be my continued support path also for BlackDroid. BD supporters should use his website www.ultimatedroid.com for his roms and IRC channel for support until he is welcomed to a new forum or creates his own. (hope he creates his OWN) That would be ultimately best
we're creating a forum but we need donations to get a ipb license: Donate UltimateDroid
we need donations to go to where it says donations for server costs
were at $68 we need 149.99

jbernard703

Reaction score

we're creating a forum but we need donations to get a ipb license: Donate UltimateDroid

It is only a 149.99 dollars None of you faithful followers has 150 bucks. All those people saying they were donating to BD and he doesn't have 150 greenbacks? Maybe its time to get a job or start mowing lawns. $15per lawn x 10lawn=your very own forum.

Beron

Reaction score

2 things on my mind

1. Can someone link Blackdroids perspective?

It's a few posts back in this thread, number #306

2. Wish someone would do a spreadsheet on google code and compare all 3

Well if you know how checksums work you'd know it would come up with not a single one comparing. Because it's impossible. The only way to get the same sum is to physically take the files someone else have compiled.

But we're beating a dead horse I guess, I just think it's a shame if people trust and follow BlackDroid because he's an ok and honest guy. He clearly isn't, at least not in this case.

wylie

Reaction score
This was the WRONG decision, period. You had a bunch of fanboy nuthuggers invade this forum and push this decision. It's not right. Droid forums let themselves get bullied into it. That's exactly how I see it. The crybabies got their way like a spoiled little child. I lost a lot of respect for Cyanogen and Koush and the way they handled themselves in this whole deal. I'm not saying BD was right, he definitely could have handled the situation better, but shutting down his section and running him off was NOT the right call. The funny thing is that the majority of the negative posts towards BD were made by people who aren't even active DF members and will probably never be heard from again on here once this blows over.

I have used, and will continue to use different ROM's, but UD (especially 9.8) has run the fastest and smoothest on my phone hands down. I'm not saying I won't ever use CM or any other ROM's again, but this was just handled WAY WAY wrong by a lot of people.

SAD...

wylie

Reaction score

It is only a 149.99 dollars None of you faithful followers has 150 bucks. All those people saying they were donating to BD and he doesn't have 150 greenbacks? Maybe its time to get a job or start mowing lawns. $15per lawn x 10lawn=your very own forum.

Maybe it's time you grow up...

Status
Not open for further replies.