DroidForums.net & Ultimate Droid ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibnetman

Reaction score
had that same issue back when BD decided to go with CW/RM it wasnt a good experience.. atleast i was able to get answers/help with UD roms...................

hmm
I had no problems whatsoever switching from psycho to CW. I work in IT and 99% of the problems I encounter are user error. Rom Manager and Clockworks were not the problem.

This one was a real problem that was caused by a bad ROM file length.

I dont know much about programing for the Android OS... But.. Didnt bill gates say years back that 512k memory is more memory than anyone will ever need?.. something like that... and no im not a apple guy... I am ready to jump into Android tho..

ibnetman

Reaction score
Its late, All i want is for The people, droid, incredible, and MANY other "Android" phones/devices, etc, etc.. to get along and make the most/best for THE PEOPLE.. I can see all this going 2 ways... one for the good of all and one good for big corps...

no pun intended..

I just want all this to be for the best for the PEOPLE of andorid.. The end Users...

xtreme

Reaction score
It good to see people that have their own opinions, I've tryed all the diff ROMS and say thank you to all the DEVs, their are features "themes", from one ROM to another that may be personal preference, but honesty for the site is key. All Devs are supported by me, if not for them we may as well have flip phones. I really did enjoy UDs themed Roms, if really created by Kouch and Cyan, then thanks. WOULD HAVE BEEN AWESOME TO SEE WHAT ALL THE DEVs COULD HAVE CREATED BY WORKING AS A TEAM., just my 2cents

agent42o

Reaction score
anyone think he is being stubborn bc he made a mistake with files and is trying to figure it out and that he had his own for it? why does everyone only look at it one way. anyone see a post from bd in reply to all this to say whats up?

Look, I am going to give you the public opinion. People accuse him of something, he vanishes for 2 days and then comes back for a quick post, saying his internet is down. Last I checked, he said he had every rom available on his desktop, so can't he install something that tethers? Even at 1x you can get on and post... to me, that was admitting he was guilty.

I, in all honesty, have nothing against BD. I have spent a lot of time on this forum helping people, getting people past the idea of being scared to root their phones... When he brought a Rom here, I was excited.

It was so good for DF, which is an awesome community, and has some of the coolest people. This was awesome, finally, DF would be one of the top forums. Then I saw him go to RM, then later ***** about it, and I don't know why that happened.... and from there, well, here's where we are.

The thing is, I know everyone is looking down, but I know how great the mods here are. A sincere apology to the entire community could fix a lot of things, it might not get him his section back, but it would gain him a lot of respect, at the cost of a lot of his pride. Is he willing to do that?

I don't want to see people leave here, that's really the only reason I got involved in the conversation. People threatening to leave, devs saying this place supports piracy, etc...

Man, do you know how tough it was to get questions answered when I first rooted my phone? Everyone was like "read the faqs" but when you have questions or concerns, no one ever says "oh the google apps are still google, no one will steal your information" or something like "The update.zip can't brick your phone." Those simple answers were so much trouble elsewhere, everyone was so cool, they didn't have time for you.

But...

Droidforums did. I don't want a bad light on this place, you can read all the posts I have made on the subject, I understand the issue, but even on CM's blog, I defended Droidforums because the people, the mods, and the devs, are so awesome, they don't deserve this black eye.

ibnetman

Reaction score
It good to see people that have their own opinions, I've tryed all the diff ROMS and say thank you to all the DEVs, their are features "themes", from one ROM to another that may be personal preference, but honesty for the site is key. All Devs are supported by me, if not for them we may as well have flip phones. I really did enjoy UDs themed Roms, if really created by Kouch and Cyan, then thanks. WOULD HAVE BEEN AWESOME TO SEE WHAT ALL THE DEVs COULD HAVE CREATED BY WORKING AS A TEAM., just my 2cents

WE as a "New Culture" Android.. open, for the TEAM, every human on earth..... now is the time to Unite! as one... "Agree to disagree" at times.... my heart felt plea is here!

CANT WE ALL GET ALONG!

For the people!

Peanut Butter Jelly Time! yea probly not for :motdroidhoriz:, :blackdroid:, :greendroid:, :droideris:, and :)...

Its a DIM DAY!

koush

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
the shame is...BD was so helpful...and Koush has never replied to me once.

hate to see it end like this...but what is right is right.

Join IRC. You will get real time support there from me and other users.

ibnetman

Reaction score

link? not everyone knows about IRC. Internet Relay Chat..
Again, I give props to all Devs! Ideas/Hard Work is what has made this world go round technology wise.. :)

1up

Reaction score

link? not everyone knows about IRC. Internet Relay Chat..
Again, I give props to all Devs! Ideas/Hard Work is what has made this world go round technology wise.. :)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/koush/38233-real-time-irc-support.html

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
I am SO sad and disappointed, that two grown man, and two great community sides where not able to sit together and find a solution for a problem. The way the whole situation went down, was not what we EVER expected to happen, especially here on our site.

I hope that the damage, done to our community, to our site and to our staff, is small. but i fear its not!

-.-

Reaction score
All BD had to do was admit his mistake, and all would be forgiven. UD users love the rom. They don't care if he made it from source, built on someone else's work, or stole it from a dancing banana, who is no longer dancing because his rom got jacked. UD users will continue to support the rom, and would have if he had admitted his mistake as well. He tried to be Roger Clemens instead of Andy Petite.

Ryan57ford

Reaction score
Well, Considering I only come to this site for the Ultimate droid roms, I guess I will have to move on to whatever forum he goes to next and leave this one behind...

As for who built what, I dont care, I just know UD runs best and looks best on my phone...

agent42o

Reaction score
All BD had to do was admit his mistake, and all would be forgiven. UD users love the rom. They don't care if he made it from source, built on someone else's work, or stole it from a dancing banana, who is no longer dancing because his rom got jacked. UD users will continue to support the rom, and would have if he had admitted his mistake as well. He tried to be Roger Clemens instead of Andy Petite.

Heh, I don't want to live in the past, but I still think he could man up and fix this all. This isn't the first time the open source community has had this happen. You come forward, admit your mistakes, move your source into a repository, and let people improve on what you do.

Here's the thing, if you don't run open source or don't use any community projects, you might not get it... more than anything, people want you to post your improvements so the next in line can take those changes and improve upon them.

People doing open source, of any type, have a competitor that has more resources than them, so it's up to the community to step up. BD made some great changes, people rave about his rom, so what if he used Cyan's source, he just wants credit more than any contribution to the community, past or present.

Take the source, change it, but keep the source open.

So many ways this situation went wrong.

Reaction score
Okay i read like the first 10 pages and then decided to post.
In my eyes even though i love koush's work and cyanogenmod, and wasnt happy to hear that blackdroid copied stuff (yes ive used blackdroids stuff before and loved it and the theme) i really dont believe that this is entirely fair. Yes it is possible that he may have copied and pasted stuff but that doesnt mean he really did. Blackdroid helped out a lot around here when people had questions and kicking him out really is just wrong. You guys should give him a chance to plead his case, because in reality hes innocent until hes proven guilty.

Dont do this DF, give blackdroid a chance to plead his case and prove that hes guilty. He's just like the other developers and helps people out and does stuff for us the people. So what he might have copied and pasted stuff, everybody makes mistakes and he did come around and give koush/cyanogenmod credit in his V10. Sure it may not have been the exact statement we all wanted to see but he still did that, and still said something to us.

Bottom line, give him a chance, theres absolutely no need to do this, and if he messes up again kick him out right away no questions asked.

There's my .02

Dibrom

Reaction score
Okay i read like the first 10 pages and then decided to post.
In my eyes even though i love koush's work and cyanogenmod, and wasnt happy to hear that blackdroid copied stuff (yes ive used blackdroids stuff before and loved it and the theme) i really dont believe that this is entirely fair. Yes it is possible that he may have copied and pasted stuff but that doesnt mean he really did. Blackdroid helped out a lot around here when people had questions and kicking him out really is just wrong. You guys should give him a chance to plead his case, because in reality hes innocent until hes proven guilty.

Dont do this DF, give blackdroid a chance to plead his case and prove that hes guilty. He's just like the other developers and helps people out and does stuff for us the people. So what he might have copied and pasted stuff, everybody makes mistakes and he did come around and give koush/cyanogenmod credit in his V10. Sure it may not have been the exact statement we all wanted to see but he still did that, and still said something to us.

Bottom line, give him a chance, theres absolutely no need to do this, and if he messes up again kick him out right away no questions asked.

There's my .02
He was proven guilty, there's no may about it. And no he didn't and still isn't giving koush/cyanogen credit.

Did you not read any of this?

Beron

Reaction score
The right thing

I think the forum admins did the right thing here.

I think in the end you have to ask yourself, do you really want to run a ROM made by a person who is proven to be dishonest?

Running someones ROM as root requires quite a bit of trust, potentially a bad ROM could do anything to your phone and the data on it.

If BlackDroid admitted to what he did his reputation would remain tarnished I think but some people might choose to trust him anyway and continue using his work. I'm all for that, give people a second chance. But he did not do that, he stubbornly refuses to admit to what he did. Not inspiring me with any trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.