DroidForums.net & Ultimate Droid ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

digerati

Reaction score
Thank goodness. It would not be good for this forum to be associated with someone like Blackdroid. Good call. (I hope that if something like this happens again the mods will react in a more appropriate manner and just lock the threads rather than deleting posts. thats just not right.)

ibnetman

Reaction score
Well this sucks. I switched to CM to wait for UD newest release and now this!

With BD it took me a few minutes to learn and load his ROMs. I tried CM today and damn near took all day to get my questions answered. But I guess that how things roll here with other devs....whatever

And that was exactly my point I was trying to say earlier...Not everything works the same for everybody. Its not a certain person's fault... HumorousMaximus as in me didnt have a good run in with CW. We didnt say who's to blame..We said it just didnt work for us.

had that same issue back when BD decided to go with CW/RM it wasnt a good experience.. atleast i was able to get answers/help with UD roms...................

hmm

Grabraham

Reaction score
Congrats, droid forums, you made the right decision. Well done.

I still think EVERYONE needs to be here, or atleast in one general place! Anyone ever hear of the term "I agree to disagree"?? All Devs for the android experience need to have a common place, a place where the average user can find info, answers, new stuff.... etc!!! It would be what Android is all about! open/for the people..

am i wrong?

Not wrong per say. But there are cases that that would not work and the owners/admins of the site have to make decisions based on what they what there site toe represent. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THE FOLLOWING HYPOTHETICAL OUT OF CONTEXT> I AM NOT DRAWING A COMPARISON TO THE RECENT ISSUE<

If someone created a rom that had all of the cool NES/Gameboy etc emulators pre-installed with a ton of game roms all installed and tweaked up so it ran like buttah it would be a very popular rom... but would not be supported by the droidforums.net site (I assume this based on their stance on linking to game roms etc) Just because something is cool and popular does not mean it is right for every site.

pinesal

Reaction score
Hey, is there a place where I can read about exactly what happened or maybe someone can sum it up for me. I've just been hearing bits and pieces mostly from Cyanogen's Twitter.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good call i guess

ok so i have read through this thread... here is my opionion not that it matters.. but i will post it because that is what i do:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:
1. To the mods i know it was a tough call.. i thought it might happen but i was hoping it would not.. i liked bd roms i still might install right now i am running cynogen running smooth....he did offer awesome help, his team was great.. and this was his home sight that why i followed him
2. to all the people threating to leave because of what happened..Just leave not try to make a show of it. and if you do post i am leaving just leave without making more post you clutter up threads.
3. i have been a member of this forum for a while i am not leaving over a rom this has been the most helpful sight.. i learned how to root,do adb commands and such and now i help people who have same problems that is what this forum is all about.. mods do a great job..look at the :icon_ banana::icon_ banana: thread last night they were even having some much needed fun. it is in off topic forum i am to lazy to look it up and add link.. but that is just me(btw this needs to happen again)
4. another shoutout to the mods questions have been asked that i have not seen answers to the one that i most want answers to is any blackdroid / udrom post going to be deleted?
just my 2 cents and now some dancing bananas to lighten everyone up
:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

ldimick

Reaction score
As per my posts..I never said it was Koush's fault. To sum it all up...My first experience with CW wasnt a good one. It doesnt matter what side the problem fell on. It just didnt work for me in my situation at the time.

And this is why there is all this going on. People nit pick peoples posts apart and read what they want to read and put their own little spin on what you said and then put you on the chopping block for something you didnt even say...That is where all the problems fester from...DF is a great place for info and help..You just gotta be careful to explain in detail or next thing you know the villagers are pillaging....

Fair enough. FYI, I was very upset over the RM problem. I called out Koush on it publicly one night. He patiently showed me the changelog and the code that caused the problem. The default setting for max string length should be 2048 and it was set to about 200 (I don't remember the exact length) then he showed me the code he changed.

He could have changed his code to check for all of the string lengths before invoking the bad code, but he shouldn't have to. So he added a mod (one that he really did not like) by setting the size to 500.

Thank you for seeing my view and understanding it.

It drove me nuts that RM was updated three or four times each day. Seemed to be a poor way to release code, but now I love it. Even when I completely trash my pone it is VERY easy to recover now. Got it into a boot loop tonight and it took less than 15 minutes to fix everything.

ldimick

Reaction score
Hey, is there a place where I can read about exactly what happened or maybe someone can sum it up for me. I've just been hearing bits and pieces mostly from Cyanogen's Twitter.

A good place to start is Cyanogen's blog

ldimick

Reaction score
ok so i have read through this thread... here is my opionion not that it matters.. but i will post it because that is what i do:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:
1. To the mods i know it was a tough call.. i thought it might happen but i was hoping it would not.. i liked bd roms i still might install right now i am running cynogen running smooth....he did offer awesome help, his team was great.. and this was his home sight that why i followed him
2. to all the people threating to leave because of what happened..Just leave not try to make a show of it. and if you do post i am leaving just leave without making more post you clutter up threads.
3. i have been a member of this forum for a while i am not leaving over a rom this has been the most helpful sight.. i learned how to root,do adb commands and such and now i help people who have same problems that is what this forum is all about.. mods do a great job..look at the :icon_ banana::icon_ banana: thread last night they were even having some much needed fun. it is in off topic forum i am to lazy to look it up and add link.. but that is just me(btw this needs to happen again)
4. another shoutout to the mods questions have been asked that i have not seen answers to the one that i most want answers to is any blackdroid / udrom post going to be deleted?
just my 2 cents and now some dancing bananas to lighten everyone up
:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

You're only saying all of that because you get to use :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana: :)

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
This is exactly why i havent rooted my droid yet aside from the fact it voids the warranty. There is tons of drama that have to do with developers and too much competition which makes for a good product but a worse experience.

The 2 i was looking at were Cyanogen and Ultimate Droid and the drama between the 2 has just caused me to go the opposite direction and stay stock.

Cmon Mix.... you are the only one being hurt by that choice. Remember when you wouldn't trust the 2.1 manual update? It turned out to work.... There are many of us who will also stand by the fact that when you finally choose your rom you will be happier than you are now on stock 2.1

The drama has nothing to do with it. The problem is that if you didn't want to load 2.1 manually, I doubt you will get past the RSD Lite back to 2.0.1 However if you ever decide to do it I would be very happy to help you.

Yep reason being i don't want to mess something up on my phone. And if i do decide to root and this drama is still going on it will be a pain. I haven't ever rooted a phone in my life or force installed anything so its all new to me to see this being done to phones and have no idea of anything pertaining to rooting. Thanks for the offer to help and if i decide to root i will come find ya.

Droids

Reaction score
had that same issue back when BD decided to go with CW/RM it wasnt a good experience.. atleast i was able to get answers/help with UD roms...................

hmm
I had no problems whatsoever switching from psycho to CW. I work in IT and 99% of the problems I encounter are user error. Rom Manager and Clockworks were not the problem.

ldimick

Reaction score

hmm
I had no problems whatsoever switching from psycho to CW. I work in IT and 99% of the problems I encounter are user error. Rom Manager and Clockworks were not the problem.

This one was a real problem that was caused by a bad ROM file length.

Knight4linux

Reaction score
Thanks...It's depressing that I see people on here jumping ship from Ultimate Droid over this..I guess they werent true UD users.

Don't be sad...since Ultimate Droid is really nothing but a copy of cyanogenmod anyway (plus theme), technically they are not "jumping ship" at all.

See? Now your day is better =)

ibnetman

Reaction score

hmm

Yes most is user error in most problems switching roms/changing things around with the :motdroidhoriz:, but to ask and find answers it was nice to have all the devs in one place.. the Search function became a friend/need also... :)

For me now, Life is good in the android world. I just dont want to see it like a whole apple windows thing in 20 years... android needs to be for the good of the community.. etc ..

:icon_ banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.