DroidForums.net & Ultimate Droid ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
phpbb3 is free, no need for ipb....just requires a bit of work to customize...but its free..

tom108

Reaction score
5. I HAVE MORALS. If I made a mistake I will be man enough to say it, but I'm not going to lie and bow down to someone and give them false credit.

clearly you did make a mistake. how can you disprove the time stamps on the md5's? No on cares if you are a developer or if you just take code from other sources and mash them together to make your own. but you can not photocopy a Picasso and say you painted it. I wish you well, you seem to have many loyal followers that enjoy your work. just be more observant of your actions in the future.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0At5T2x0BA9OVdEduX2w5SmRMUm5yMU11bnlTY2FlNVE&hl=en

SuperCoolClos

Reaction score
All these things can simply be narrowed down to a few things, money, greed, power, and ego. None of the you will see I am about as you read this post.

My name is Greg.

I am an ex owner of a profitable computer services business. I closed up shop in order to stay home and help my sick grandfather. He has passed and left our family with a big house with lots of bills, no jobs, and no money.

For those of you that seek the truth....

1.To clear something up when I say internet issues...it either means I didn't have enough money to pay the bill or the internet went out and I didn't have enough money to pay the car insurance enough to drive to the library. :/

2. I haven't had not one paid app in any of my roms since 2.0. Which was a mistake since the app was no longer on the market I figured it would be ok for me to include. Rookie mistake on my part but as soon as I was made aware it was cleared up immediately.

3. I was not banned from alldroid, the closed my forum down at the request of a Mr. Peter Alfonso. I had no warez apps in my Rom at the time and had not broken any rules, but he at the time was the sites biggest most well know developer and he didn't like the attention (which I hate cause it always brings trouble as we have all seen) that my roms where getting so that was the only thing they could come up with...ask any of my users from back then and they will tell you.

4. For those who think I can give soo much support because I'm not actually developing this is not true. Everybody knows why. Lol I just don't sleep!!! And on top of that like I said before RIGHT NOW I DON'T HAVE A JOB.

5. I HAVE MORALS. If I made a mistake I will be man enough to say it, but I'm not going to lie and bow down to someone and give them false credit. The truth is this. I used to be friends with Koush and supported him OPENLY I was THE FIRST to jump on the Rom manager bandwagon. Then one day I realized that we though very differently on how we viewed the community. Even though I am broke and I understand fully that developing is very time consuming I still don't believe that people should be charged for what they can get for free. Didn't agree with him just said we have a difference of opinion and asked politely to have ultimate Droid removed from the Rom manger list (was removed and later reported without my permission). I and a member of my team tried to bring this thing to a close peacefully and tried to be men about this and asked what would squash this situation...we complied, and yet the onslaught and childishness continued. There was nothing that could have been said or done to resolve the issue. They only came to destroy which if this trend catches on will have a DEVASTATING affect on the community.

I only came to have fun and to share what I have made. I don't have anything to gain. As far as donation I really do appreciate the ones that did and am really thankful because whether you knew it or not you helped literally feed my family.

I will be continuing over at ultimatedroid.com thanks to soccer and will try to be there to help you guys as much as I can.

This was no sob story people. It's real life and for anyone that actually wants to support this community I just want to let you know..fighting solves nothing, so don't get dragged down with the rest of them. Please!

The situation you presented sucks, and if its true, i pray for you...

but my question is, how is that NOT a sob story? It is completely irrelevant to the issue at hand. Just because you claimed it wasn't one at the end doesn't exactly discredit it. That's like if I cussed you out on your looks, clothes, race and mind, then just finished with "nothing personal"

scarrz

Reaction score
I must be the only one in the entire forum who has no idea what is going on and why Blackdroid was banned? Anybody provide some insight?

I do like his ROMS and am currently using 9.8.

carbine

Reaction score
I must be the only one in the entire forum who has no idea what is going on and why Blackdroid was banned? Anybody provide some insight?

I'm completely lost also, and I don't feel like reading through 32 pages of this to figure it out. My best educated guess on what is going on:

It's the internet. The internet is full of QQ.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
The next person who posts a link to that spreadsheet should be banned. EVERYONE has seen it now and only about 2% of us even know what it means. Move on folks.

Pdigg

Reaction score
The next person who posts a link to that spreadsheet should be banned. EVERYONE has seen it now and only about 2% of us even know what it means. Move on folks.

Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing. Everytime I decide to open it and look at it, I say to myself "Ok, this must mean something to someone.."

dannyboydluxe

Reaction score

I'm completely lost also, and I don't feel like reading through 32 pages of this to figure it out. My best educated guess on what is going on:

My best guess is that BlackDroid is being accused of copying alot of TeamDouche's (CM, KOUSH etc...) work and not giving credit to them. I think they were looking to get some type of acknowledgment that his ROM was created using parts of theirs and he didn't want to provide that credit. He stood firm in his stance that his work was from scratch, and in the developer world, credit for your work is very important... (actually it's like that in every world). Again, My best Guess....

-DLuxe.

huskur

Reaction score

My best guess is that BlackDroid is being accused of copying alot of TeamDouche's (CM, KOUSH etc...) work and not giving credit to them. I think they were looking to get some type of acknowledgment that his ROM was created using parts of theirs and he didn't want to provide that credit. He stood firm in his stance that his work was from scratch, and in the developer world, credit for your work is very important... (actually it's like that in every world). Again, My best Guess....

-DLuxe.

Damn!! That was a door slamming statement. All of it very very true

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing. Everytime I decide to open it and look at it, I say to myself "Ok, this must mean something to someone.."

It's fun to act like I know what I'm talking about, but I don't. I can't even take a side because I don't know enough about code to decide who is lying! I assume the majority of forum member's know about as much as me, so it's funny that they are able to know that BD is/isn't telling the truth.

skidemn

Reaction score
I was using developer's ROMs before they called DF home, I will continue to use BD's ROM's wherever he lands. I will also test other ROM's too as they come out because you never know when the next "BEST" ROM will be out.

That will be my continued support path also for BlackDroid. BD supporters should use his website www.ultimatedroid.com for his roms and IRC channel for support until he is welcomed to a new forum or creates his own. (hope he creates his OWN) That would be ultimately best
we're creating a forum but we need donations to get a ipb license: Donate UltimateDroid
we need donations to go to where it says donations for server costs
were at $68 we need 149.99

You should be a little bit closer now! Please keep the tally updated as I will try to rally support from a few friends I've just brought into the Moto Droid family, and expect to go the UD route soon...

On a side note, I am a VERY politically opinionated person outside of these forums, but aside from the obvious support for my phone, I come here to get away from all the political BS and issues of the world, and be among a community of people who enjoy this cool techie toy we all have and love. To see all this flaming, division and dissension really sucks, and it brings me right back to that which I was trying to get a temporary reprieve from in the first place. I find this a rather sad situation that I hope is remedied soon so we can all get on with the fun again...

Beron

Reaction score

Well what it should mean to you is that your phone is running software complied by person who on purpuse lies and tries to deceive you.

Don't you think that should matter to you? He is in your phone, how does that make you feel?

If you don't care about what your phone runs or who made it feel free to ignore the whole issue and live happily ever after. (Until your phone starts dialing international pay-phone calls by itself when you sleep).

I'm not saying BlackDroids ROM would do that, I'm just pointing out that we should be thankful for the community helping us weed out the bad seeds in time.

VirtualGeek

Reaction score

It's fun to act like I know what I'm talking about, but I don't. I can't even take a side because I don't know enough about code to decide who is lying! I assume the majority of forum member's know about as much as me, so it's funny that they are able to know that BD is/isn't telling the truth.

Me too! LOL I feel the exact same way. I mean, I know a little about checksums not being the same but that's it! I only come here for the :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.