Droid X Will Not Upgrade to Android 2.2

heart7

Reaction score
Got a new Droid X about 5 weeks ago. And everytime I use the Check for Updates under "About Phone" I get a response that the "Update Is Currently Unavailable". Is Verizon only doing a limited number of upgrades a day? Its been 5 days since the upgrade was available. Any ideal when I willl be able to get the upgrade?dancedroid

OP
H

heart7

Reaction score
2.1 update 1. I believe its the version that came installed on the phone

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
its pushed out in batches so not everyone gets it at the same time..

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
AFFIK they are not limiting the number of users updating, you should be able to check and upgrade at anytime... I would take it to a corp store.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
AFFIK they are not limiting the number of users updating, you should be able to check and upgrade at anytime... I would take it to a corp store.

Somewhere in this forum there is something that you can do to force the update. I'm searching.

OP
H

heart7

Reaction score
If its going out in batches any ideal how long it will take. Thought you could update anytime using update feature on phone.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If its going out in batches any ideal how long it will take. Thought you could update anytime using update feature on phone.

i assumed it was in batches since thats what they did with the D1. maybe its different for the DX..

mgico

Reaction score
Update...

Update is being "pushed" by Motorola in batches of 10,000, based on ESN. Could take one or two weeks to reach everybody. However, anyone should be able to "pull" the update, as long as you have 3G reception.

Rugerdog

Reaction score
The weirdest thing I've heard was uninstall your Facebook account to make the install work. It's worth a try.

sdjsdj1000

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Here's what fixed it..

go to settings/data manager/data delivery/social applications

Once there uncheck Sync over wiFi only.

Worked for me.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

^ basically, a factory reset. that article is pure speculation. checking the box isnt what fixed it, doing the reset did lol.

Unless I missed something in the article other then a user guessing that checking the box then restoring fixed it.

And the fact that her recommends not using LauncherPro because it has "issues" is just iceing on the cake. LauncherPro works flawless for me and I assume most other users. Dont jump on bandwagons just because they're rolling.

Last edited:

Rugerdog

Reaction score

^ basically, a factory reset. that article is pure speculation. checking the box isnt what fixed it, doing the reset did lol.

Unless I missed something in the article other then a user guessing that checking the box then restoring fixed it.

And the fact that her recommends not using LauncherPro because it has "issues" is just iceing on the cake. LauncherPro works flawless for me and I assume most other users. Dont jump on bandwagons just because they're rolling.
Read it all - Bingo! I finally figured out how to get things straight in my Droid X 2.2 update - Android Forums

Why don't you let the OP decide what works best for his situation. There's no need to get your panties in a bunch, you sound like a little girl... Lol.