still no android 2.2 update on droid x

heart7

Reaction score
My wife got a DroidX about 3 weeks after they came available. She still has not got the 2.2 update. I purchased my DroidX the second day they came out and I got my the first day they pushed out. We have checked everyday and the phone keeps indicating the update is not available. We spoke to the Verizon store and they told us to contact Motorola. Contacted Motorola and they said to call Verizon Tech Support. Tech support said to contact google. Anyone know to contact google or how we can get the upgrade on her phone?

fpatano

Reaction score
My wife got a DroidX about 3 weeks after they came available. She still has not got the 2.2 update. I purchased my DroidX the second day they came out and I got my the first day they pushed out. We have checked everyday and the phone keeps indicating the update is not available. We spoke to the Verizon store and they told us to contact Motorola. Contacted Motorola and they said to call Verizon Tech Support. Tech support said to contact google. Anyone know to contact google or how we can get the upgrade on her phone?

If you are feeling up to the task you could find the SBF for the official 2.2 OTA update and Download RSD Lite 4.8 and update the Droid X manually yourself. You cannot link to the SBF file directly in this forum, and I dont want to chance it with RSD either, but if you Google it, it is very easy to find.

OP
H

heart7

Reaction score
Is there anyway to email google and have them do the push?

fpatano

Reaction score
Is there anyway to email google and have them do the push?

Its not Google that would push it, It would be Verizon that could push it, but you would need to speak with Technical support and not the general customer service line.

Only Verizon controls how to get the software on the phone, if they try to tell you to call anyone else, they dont know what they are talking about.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually, the way I understand it is that VZW okays the push; and then it is pushed from Motorola. I could be wrong, but I believe it was Moto who took the blame when the 2.1 push for the Droid 1 was delayed due to server issues.

To me this sounds like a case of no one wanting to do any work to research the problem, and thus the customer gets the run-around.

EDIT: Actually, I believe the push requires coordination between VZW, Moto, AND Google - since the URL that the OTA is downloaded from is on Google's servers.

carlos31820

Reaction score
Does it say "Check for update not available at this time. Try again later."?? If so, make sure you go to Settings, Data Manager, Social Applications. Make sure that "Sync over WiFi only" is NOT checked. For some dumb reason, the update check uses the Social Network connection. This setting also keeps the weather widget from updating when the phone is docked on the Moto X dock. Apparently, many things use the "Social Network" connection, not just things like myspace, facebook, etc.

sporlan

Reaction score
I recieved my X from Verizon on Tuesday. I have the 2.2 version. Its great. It lets me "select all" for deleting emails instead of one at a time.

Reaction score
I upgraded my Droid X to 2.2 last week and the Market application is missing. Without the Market, I cannot run DocumentsToGo (similar to QuickOffice, just costs more $) I have searched around in the forums, and I found 2 solutions.

One is to back up your phone (SD card and Apps, I think) and then do a hard reset. I have been told that this will not uninstall 2.2, but will reset some settings or something. I have read that some people lose their purchased apps or lose the ability to run their purchased apps after the reset. Verizon told me I would not lose them, but I don't know whether to believe them. Should I ?

Another solution I have read about is to install the file vending.apk on the phone, but I don't know how to get that or where to put it or anything. Also, some people have had problems after doing this. I'm not sure why. Should I try this?

I am too chicken to do either one. Can anyone give me some good, solid advice on the problem?
:icon_ cry:

garybins

Reaction score
Navigation

How do I clear previous destinations from the navigation? I have a Droid X.

Luisq

Reaction score
I performed the 2.2 update on my Droid x a few weeks ago and I have had the following issues:

1. Cannot access market (error message: application is not installed on your phone) however I do have an icon labeled market on my home screen
2. No longer charges through my car usb or other chargers
(Prior to the update could use a blackberry charger as well as my mifi charger and car usb)
3. Connection problems with corporate sync no longer pushes through unless I leave it without verifying certificates which is not recommended
4. Slight delay when switching menus, text messages and changing views

Anyone know how to fix these issues ? I am not a good tech person at all so any help would be very appreciated. I would rather not do a factory reset but if I have to gown can I do it while ensuring that I do not lose any information on my phone?

jen7724

Reaction score
OP-Have you considered exchanging your wife's phone for another DX? If you're within your 30 days you should be able to do that. Since nobody at Verizon is wanting to put in the leg work to help you maybe that would be a solution. I'm just wondering if it's something with that particular phone. A different one might not give you the same problem. Just a thought.

the5barrons

Reaction score
OP, I had to boot my dx into safe mode, checked for the update in the settings folder...which it wasnt available again, then i rebooted too normal and it was there. Not sayin that's how its supposed to happen...but that is what worked.

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp

erict

Reaction score
With the bugs and issues with 2.2 I have been holding off and still happily running 2.1:) So I sit and wait until they make it right as I know they will.