Droid X Support Page Now Shows 2.2 Is Available.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
some clarification please. Are you saying that unless you downgrade to 2.1 and pick up the OTA, no more OTA's from now on or am I reading this completely wrong? The leaked 2.2 is running fine for me and with the issues going on with OTA, not sure if I want to downgrade to get the upgrade

Yes, unless you get back to 100% stock "out of the box as purchased system software" the new update will not install at all or correctly...this will be the same with the next update...if you don't have this new 2.2 OTA installed in virgin unmolested form at the time that update is released ...then you wil not be able to install that one either...and so on and so on....UNLESS or until some smart person breaks the bootloader.

Sure, you can get the "system leaks" that are available, but as I said those are only part or less than half of the update, and sometimes not the most important part.

Concerning "issues" with the update...the only real thing that can cause such issues is because it was attempted on a non-original "molested" system area... If there is a problem otherwise related to the 2.2 update on a pure stock system, all it takes is a call to VZ and a replacement phone will be on the way to you.

Besides that, by not updating you are missing out on a lot of new features and performance enhancments....it makes no sense at all to me to even consider for a second to not update..but that's just me.

In almost a year of working with Droids, I have never met an Offficial Update I didn't like better than what I had before :)

themuttt

Reaction score
some clarification please. Are you saying that unless you downgrade to 2.1 and pick up the OTA, no more OTA's from now on or am I reading this completely wrong? The leaked 2.2 is running fine for me and with the issues going on with OTA, not sure if I want to downgrade to get the upgrade

Yes, unless you get back to 100% stock "out of the box as purchased system software" the new update will not install at all or correctly...this will be the same with the next update...if you don't have this new 2.2 OTA installed in virgin unmolested form at the time that update is released ...then you wil not be able to install that one either...and so on and so on....UNLESS or until some smart person breaks the bootloader.

Sure, you can get the "system leaks" that are available, but as I said those are only part or less than half of the update, and sometimes not the most important part.

Concerning "issues" with the update...the only real thing that can cause such issues is because it was attempted on a non-original "molested" system area... If there is a problem otherwise related to the 2.2 update on a pure stock system, all it takes is a call to VZ and a replacement phone will be on the way to you.

Besides that, by not updating you are missing out on a lot of new features and performance enhancments....it makes no sense at all to me to even consider for a second to not update..but that's just me.

In almost a year of working with Droids, I have never met an Offficial Update I didn't like better than what I had before :)

well, before I even got your answer, I bit the bullet and downgraded and am now installing the update, lets hope I didn't eff something up. Thanks for the clarification, this should help others on the fence about whether to go through the hassle of the update or stay with the leaked version dancedroid