Droid X Support Page Now Shows 2.2 Is Available.

ALilGoober

Reaction score
I already got my confirmation email saying I could update. But I'm already running 2.2 leaked. Fly x rom and the 928 black glass theme. Is there any reason to go back to 2.1 and get the official 2.2. Does anyone know of any actual significant difference. Between the leaked and official version (besides the fact that it's official)

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I already got my confirmation email saying I could update. But I'm already running 2.2 leaked. Fly x rom and the 928 black glass theme. Is there any reason to go back to 2.1 and get the official 2.2. Does anyone know of any actual significant difference. Between the leaked and official version (besides the fact that it's official)

Go back 2 pages and read...especially Post #16.

Ralffers

Reaction score
Ok, as stupid a question as this... Does the update come out tonight (09/21, at 12:00pm EST? (Which would really be 09/22), or does it come out tomorrow, 09/22 at 12:00pm? - (which would really be 09/23)

My battery issue is fixed, so I'm a pretty happy camper right now, but looking forward to having my gallery working properly again.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
How is tomorrow 9/22 at 12pm actually 9/23? It comes out tomorrow 9/22 at 12 noon so 12 pm est which is 9/22 at 12:00pm

Scubamike

Reaction score
Just to clear this up...

12 o'clock tonight would actually be 12 AM. 12 o'clock in the afternoon is 12 PM. The good news, then, is that 12 PM is squarely in the middle of the 22nd. There is no chance for error, Ralffers.

Technoman

Reaction score
They don't send a confirmation email that I have ever experienced. They push it out to your phone, or with the Droid X you can request (pull) it.

Phillipsave

Reaction score
How many people are clicking their updates right now, hoping that it will be miraculously released early and suddenly appear on their phones? I can't seem to stop....

wdprice3

Reaction score
In case you guys aren't reading the other sections, you may now pull the OTA. Apparently someone doesn't know the difference between 12 AM and 12 PM.

have fun!

Jon K

Reaction score
I just checked mine it says an update is available 2.3.xxxxx something, I am upgrading I guess - is it good?

themuttt

Reaction score
I have Version 2.3.9...when this update thats coming is 2.3.15...

Since mine is the leaked version I have been told that I wont be able to update OTA...since the update coming is a newer version than mine, shouldnt I still be able to update it?

A manual update will be available within 2 hours of the actual release that won't require rooting so don't fret.

I wouldn't bet heavilly on that, this is not like the manual OTA updates for the Droid 1. Unless someone comes up with a miracle in the next day or so you will have to go back to stock 2.1 with ALL Bloatware installed , ie. 100% pure stock 2.1 system as shipped to apply this update, no matter if you get it OTA or manually download the file from where ever.

There is already a "leak" of 2.3.15 (the confirmed official update)...BUT due to the Bootloader limitations this type of leak can only update the system area. So you will not get the new kernel, Radio, etc that is part of the OTA release (in other words the "engine" of the release)...this can only happen with true bootloader access via an Offical Update....at the moment.

So unless someone has a trick up their sleeve I am not aware off (I wish/hope I am wrong), you will have to revert back to the "as shipped" 2.1 Software to even be able to install the Official Froyo, no matter OTA or Manual...otherwise the upate will fail to install.

Of course we could get lucky and Moto/VZ changed their mind at the last moment and modded the update to allow it to install over "non-stock" software....but I ain't gonna hold my breath on that one....but it would be cool if they did.

some clarification please. Are you saying that unless you downgrade to 2.1 and pick up the OTA, no more OTA's from now on or am I reading this completely wrong? The leaked 2.2 is running fine for me and with the issues going on with OTA, not sure if I want to downgrade to get the upgrade

bigtoe

Reaction score
Mine is installing as I type, there was no notice!

http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/droid_x.pdf

As of 10:15 am EST my attempt to pull the update didn't work; It said my phone was up to date.

They did not push out a notice, saw the posting on the Droid X forum and needed to read the PDf bulletens, followed the instructions and it then shows the update is available. Its a big update, has taken 9 minutes and still going on the download. I will post update on the install after download...:greendroid:

Ok, all went wll, seems to be working and now , iran the ringer flip fix, and now my phone rings again as well. Not sure I like the new Swyper key pad, I will check to see if is any better, seems smaller, but overall update was smooth...Haven't checked all my apps yet so stand bye....Good luck to yall.

Last edited: