Droid X Android 2.2 (Froyo) Update Ready

kennyc

Reaction score
Mine is updating as I type this. Lets hope the change is a good thing!!!

Yep, with the upgrade you get lasers and light-sabers as well as telepathic connectivity to your droid. Just wait, you're gonna love it!

:)

quaffapint

Reaction score
w00t - I've been Froyo'd :)

In a way, I'm glad for the delay to get it to the X, it gave the Apps developers time to get their apps Froyo ready.

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

In a way, I'm glad for the delay to get it to the X, it gave the Apps developers time to get their apps Froyo ready.
Uhh, Froyo has been out for quite awhile now. The devs had plenty of time to update them when the SDK came out months ago.
Certainly they weren't waiting for the Droid X to be updated, as several other phones already had 2.2 and 2.2 compatible apps.

quaffapint

Reaction score

Uhh, Froyo has been out for quite awhile now. The devs had plenty of time to update them when the SDK came out months ago.
Certainly they weren't waiting for the Droid X to be updated, as several other phones already had 2.2 and 2.2 compatible apps.
Agreed - But, I still see app releases coming out each day on appbrain listing 2.2 support, as well as app2sd support.

WizBang75

Reaction score
I've checked for system updates over and over...and no OTA notification on my phone. Currently, I am running the leaked 2.2 version. Is this preventing me from pulling the update or from receiving a notification.

Question #2: Is it necessary that I flash back to 2.1 before I update?

Best Regards....

zonaRSX

Reaction score
I've checked for system updates over and over...and no OTA notification on my phone. Currently, I am running the leaked 2.2 version. Is this preventing me from pulling the update or from receiving a notification.

Best Regards....

I think you need to flash back...

I am installing 2.2 as we speak!!! 40% downloaded so far, wooohoo

prowakeskater

Reaction score
Im having problems. Its failing to update

I uninstalled the bootstrap and i AM rooted.

What's the deal?

willtucker

Reaction score
Mine is just frozen on the Motorola emblem screen. Anyone else having this problem or do I just need to wait?

dkeatscary

Reaction score

Best Regards....

I'm with ya. Have the leaked Froyo 2.2 and not seeing an update. It's 10:55AM on the east coast; figured I'd see it by now, although have seen somewhere that the Verizon release is slated for 12 noon. If I don't see it today, I'm going to flash back (although I have no idea how to do that and have read that doing so can brick your Droid!)

kman79

Reaction score
Fore those Downloading the new update, before you install the update, can you please, please, pleeaassee grab the update from the cache folder and copy to SD card and post it, before you install the update!? :)

It might help those having issues with the update. Some folks are getting stuck a the "M" logo after the update, and I was hoping/thinking, that if they are able to get into recovery, they can apply the update via the SD card.

I was on 2.1 rooted and did the OTA update, and so far I'm fine. I haven't reset the phone yet, but in case I do and have issues, I would also like to have a copy of the OTA update just in case.

Thanks

Ghost Rider

Reaction score
I just forced the update through settings, downloaded and loaded without any problems. Froyo is here.dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Mr1911

Reaction score
Froyo update

New to Droid X-
Is it possible to download the OFFICIAL update to PC - SD card transfer - install ?

-Did Settings\update 7hrs ago and it is still just sitting\spinning on 'Checking for available update. Please Wait..."

-Thanks

btaylorsacto

Reaction score
Only had one problem with the upgrade...

The only problem that I had was that the cell phone went dead - no sound. Turning it off and pulling the battery fixed it. Haven't found any other problems yet. Seems a little faster. Horizontal rotation both ways is nice. I could swear the keyboard changed from dark grey with white letters to light grey with black letters though..