Droid X slow Google Nav

wreels

Reaction score
Hi all, I got my wife a DX; upgraded it to GB. She tried the Nav three times on three separate days and has complained that the turn by turn is late. By the time it tells her to turn she's already past the street. Anyone ever seen this? Thanks for your help. God bless...

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt!, using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's weird... mine is spot on.

There are a few apps in the market to see how many satellites the phone is able to lock on to.

sent from my ApeX

OP
W

wreels

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree... It is weird. My TB is spot on too... Thanks

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt!, using DroidForums

OP
W

wreels

Reaction score
My wife and I just tested this today along side of my TBolt GPS/Navi. The Droid X seemed to be just as accurate as my TBolt until my wife switched the DX to the satellite layer. Then it started saying that we had already passed our exit when we hadn't even reached the exit yet. Then, I had her turn off the satellite layer and it began to lag behind the Tbolt about 5 seconds. Do think this can happen because of the 3G signal? I'm not all that familiar with how the GPS/Navi works for Google so the only thing I can guess is that some how the 3G signal is slowing it down. (just guessing) Anyone?

comk4ver

Reaction score
Are you using the gps and wifi options on?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

kevinkar

Reaction score
I used mine this past weekend to go to a party at a location I've never been. Not only did it give me the directions before I needed them but when I took my own path, it immediately recalculated and told me what to do next. It was as good as my regular Garmin Nuvi I use all the time which is *this* much closer to being obsolete....!

comk4ver

Reaction score
Yea, consider running both wifi and the gps... even if you don't connect on those networks use it because it helps the phone locate you.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums