1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Example of Droid X Durability

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by Droidram56, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Droidram56

Droidram56 New Member

My wife has a Droid X and yesterday she placed it on the roof of her car and forgot it was there. she drove off later and went about a block, made a turn, and the phone went flying into the street. It has a couple of scratches to the cover, the screen is fine, and the phone still works fine. Motorola should put her in a commercial!
  2. pool_shark

pool_shark New Member

I would have to agree that it's pretty tough.

I had not yet emptied the dishwasher and had a plate in the sink with water in it.
    I dropped my X into the sink, it fell right onto the plate filled with water, and it's fine.
    At the time I was using the body glove case.
  3. detroitwilly

detroitwilly New Member

My father dropped mine into a swimming pool while trying to take a picture. It was there for about 5 seconds.
    I had no case on it.
    It was 90 degrees outside so I took the batery off and let it sit in the sun for a few minutes. The thing acted like nothing happened at all. Speaker, microphone, screen all worked perfect. The camera was shot though.

I was amazed. I still used my insurance because I take about 20 pics a day.
  4. fisterkev

fisterkev New Member

After I got my Otterbox Defender for it I threw it across the room just for s***s and giggles... No problems at all. Dropped it many times, sometimes on purpose as a demonstration.

It wears a Trident Kraken now. Haven't purposefully tortured it yet but I'm confident it'll hold up. Thing is a BEAST in that case, barely fits in my pockets, but feels absolutely great in the hands.
Search tags for this page

droid x durability

droped droid dna in the pool