Droid X drops Nav.

ricepuddin

Reaction score
While driving , Google nav started to bug out. The Nav would turn itself off, or reroute and tell me to drive in a circle then get right back on the highway (i ignored it). I have traveled this same route dozens of times with my Droid 1 as the navigator and never had an issue.

anyone else have this issue?

ThirdWheel

Reaction score
Mine has shut off twice on me so far...

Question though, why are you using nav on a route you've driven dozens of times?

OP
ricepuddin

ricepuddin

Reaction score
Mine has shut off twice on me so far...

Question though, why are you using nav on a route you've driven dozens of times?

Just wanted to try out the gps on the new phone, figured a 3hr drive was a good time.

rolandct

Reaction score
Does you location appear accurate on the map?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

intodeep

Reaction score
While driving , Google nav started to bug out. The Nav would turn itself off, or reroute and tell me to drive in a circle then get right back on the highway (i ignored it). I have traveled this same route dozens of times with my Droid 1 as the navigator and never had an issue.

re routing... driving in circles.. is my ex gf giving you directions :)

just kidding i have not had this issue but i've only used navigation a couple times.

keithm

Reaction score
same here. never had problems with my droid 1. my screen would defalt back to she show on map navigate screen but it would continue to give me audible directions.

ThirdWheel

Reaction score
Exactly what mine is doing, dumping me to the home screen for no reason, while continuing to give directions, it's very annoying. Let's add details and see if we can track down the issue.

For me:

No Car Dock
Sirius app also running
drops to home screen

No Car Dock
MixZing App also running
drops to home screen

I'll try later with nothing in the background, don't have a dock (yet) so it's not in dockview.

dangsy

Reaction score
Same happens to me also, NAV will drop out but occasionally I can still see it on the notification bar. It will still give me direction through through sound. It happens at least once every time I use my NAV. Very frustrating.

Chad_G_77

Reaction score
Ditto. I'm having the same problem. Nav worked fine the first few days I had the phone. Screen would stay on then entire time showing my location precisely and giving me verbal instructions. Then I rebooted it while I was pumping gas... after it loaded again, my nav started glitching just like you all mentioned. The screen now goes black shortly after turning navigation on while driving. When I touch the screen to wake it back up, I'm back at the main screen that asks me if I want to "navigate" to my location. All the while, the nav program is actually running in the background (GPS shows as being on, and the Blue arrow is up in the top left corner).

I thought this might have been due to my display settings and that there was something causing the display to time out due to lack of activity and turning it off. I've been meaning to post this on the forum, but forgot about it until now. Glad others are also having this issue, but now it's time to figure it out... keep the ideas coming...

dangsy

Reaction score
Took a 2hr drive today with the GPS on....

It must have dropped out about 10+ times. Sometimes within a few seconds of turning it back on it would close again. Other times I'd be able to drive 30 mins w/o any troubles.

For me:
Car dock
Verizon Charger

Apps:
Google Maps Navigation Book

PS: My phone didn't charge while on dock. I started off with 90% ended the trip with 60%....................:icon_eek:.....wtf......have the .6 update.

tomah

Reaction score
my problem with nav is that it freezes up on me. also, when i use just the 3g to navigate, it is grossly innaccurate by 2000FT of my location. when i turn the GPS on, it locates me perfectly. but when i try and use the google navigation, the google maps bombs out on me

6thgear

Reaction score
same here, the navi just closes on its own, hopefully there is an update that solves this irksome problem

OP
ricepuddin

ricepuddin

Reaction score
Does you location appear accurate on the map?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yep. Very much so

re routing... driving in circles.. is my ex gf giving you directions :)

just kidding i have not had this issue but i've only used navigation a couple times.

lol still better navigator then my current GF :icon_eek:

Exactly what mine is doing, dumping me to the home screen for no reason, while continuing to give directions, it's very annoying. Let's add details and see if we can track down the issue.

For me:

No Car Dock
Sirius app also running
drops to home screen

No Car Dock
MixZing App also running
drops to home screen

I'll try later with nothing in the background, don't have a dock (yet) so it's not in dockview.

Car Dock
VZW Charger
No Apps running in the foreground other then nav

my problem with nav is that it freezes up on me. also, when i use just the 3g to navigate, it is grossly innaccurate by 2000FT of my location. when i turn the GPS on, it locates me perfectly. but when i try and use the google navigation, the google maps bombs out on me

i had the too before the update, now no freezing but...