DROID X or HTC Thundebolt?

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
We live in Atlanta which was one of the first LTE markets and most of the area is covered pretty well already. Georgia, home of the Dukes of Hazzard, who would have thought? LOL

pin0y23

Reaction score
perhaps devs switched out to the tb because it's the "new" phone out there now? a new project for a completely new phone... not to mention the specs and features of the phone are a bit different. ultimately I just think alot of the dx devs might have jumped shipped because this is the new phone that has been released so tweaking it is new to them, seeing as how the x has been out for awhile. I pesonally love my droid x and most likely will switch phones once a nice, dual core processor phone is released, which I'm sure won't be for some time...also because of my upgrade restriction..

ColinZack

Reaction score
I have an X, and I've played around with my brother and Mom's Tbolt and I definitely prefer the Tbolt. Its a bit shorter with the same size screen, and the screen itself is definitely better. Its way more smooth stock, and obviously has tons more options for rooting and hacking. Battery life definitely isn't as good, but neither of them has complained too much so far and apparently the update on the way helps to improve the battery life.

Reaction score
I actually do like the X's screen better than the Tbolt/Evo, better aspect ratio for movie watching. With that said, I will probably never be able to go back to LCD screens after being spoiled by Super AMOLED on my Epic even with it "only" being a 4" screen.

zero7404

Reaction score
most android phones are hackable/rootable/romable/etc ...

i used to have an od, then i got a d2g. i wanted something different/bigger than these so i studied both the dx and tb. when handling both, features-wise, asthetics-wise, etc. i chose the dx over the tb. cost difference wasn't much of a factor for me, because i know if i buy the cheaper device and not happy with it, then i would likely want to buy the device i'm going to be happy with on the first try to cut my losses down the road.

the dx is more popular, easily has more accessories, better screen aspect ratio, etc. the tb has a 4G radio, but 4G is not yet available i many areas. i asked at a vzw store nearby, they told me 4G won't hit this area until about 1 year. also the tb is not an entirely new design device, it's just got updated hardware/internals inside a standard/pretty much the same shell.

either way, the dx appealed to me more than the tb.

Reaction score
I'd take the Fascinate over either one honestly if I was staying with VZW. Finally got Froyo and even before that it was leaked forever ago. Went with the Epic (Galaxy liek the Fascinate) over the Evo (What the TB really is) and that was a no brainer as well.

Faithfill

Reaction score
It's all a matter of what you want. Samsung makes nice phone screens but are late on the updates and their phones lack alot of features that other phones offer. HTC specializes in smartphones and they actually have better lenses
in their camera. The best thing is to go in the store and play with the phones of your interest and see if that's what you really want. Battery is always an issue with smartphones period but there are ways around that.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Faithfill

Reaction score
Both phones may have alot of features but the tbolt is 4g and the X isn't. If you look at the time of release of phones on the verizon market motorola usually releases a phone first than htc so the tbolt got alot of things the X already had and than some.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:
Reaction score
Maybe for Verizon and AT&T they do but not for T-Mobile and Sprint at least as far as I can remember...

I dunno, to me there is just something a little too toyish about HTC devices. Samsung stuff is usually beautiful and Moto has the industrial/functional look down pat.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Keep the X man! The only reason why I'd upgrade is the 4g... I almost upgraded but I'm so glad I didn't... I love my X! Like someone said earlier, specs are almost the same but the battery life is terrible!
Get the bionic now since it's out or wait for the Prime or Vigor! Tbolt is oldschool now anyway! =P
Oh... And the DX already has CM7 which the bolt only has very early stages of it!

Reaction score
I still say burning an upgrade at this point is silly with this generation of phones unless there is something you really need. In my wifes case, she claims to need a keyboard and she is due so its going to be between the D3 and the Stratosphere. For me... I've decided not to use my upgrade in july until a multi-core slider with a real keybord ala the d3 or epic/stratosphere and a high def sceen and LTE comes out. After having the Epic 4g as my primary phone for the last 6 months, it is hard to not have a nice big keyboard.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using DroidForums

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
The bionic's pretty good. So far the only downside I see is the camera. I'm going to upgrade soon i think! dancedroid
I thought I'd want a physical keyboard, but I'd rather have the big screen with swype! I might wait for the prime or vigor though! Right now is a really bad time to upgrade though. The tbolt is about to be replaced and the bionic will have competitors... i say wait and see what the field is for Christmas!