droid x replacement problems.

slice

Reaction score
Here's my story of how verizon screws me over:

I got my droid x on sept 2. I love the phone but later on it started rebooting randomly and it had some dead pixels. I went to verizon to order a replacement and they gave me he'll.
since i didn't have my old phone on me so i had 2 options: 1) keep the droid x and get charged for the new droidx and get the money back in rebate cards. 2) keep the droid x and get a refurbished phone(what the eff)

Even if i chose any of the options above i would still have to wait 3 weeks for the replacement.

Final decision: switching from verizon to at&t. So iphone 4 or evo?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
evo if you wanna keep android, iphone if you dont.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would take the Evo any day over the iP4 but I am almost positive there is a wait for the Evo too

Technoman

Reaction score

I got my droid x on sept 2. I love the phone but later on it started rebooting randomly and it had some dead pixels. I went to verizon to order a replacement and they gave me he'll.
since i didn't have my old phone on me so i had 2 options: 1) keep the droid x and get charged for the new droidx and get the money back in rebate cards. 2) keep the droid x and get a refurbished phone(what the eff)

Even if i chose any of the options above i would still have to wait 3 weeks for the replacement.

Sounds to me like you are making a fast decision that you may later regret. If your phone is less than 30 days old, you are allowed to return it no questions asked. Additionally, from several other's posts, I think they are required to replace the unit with a new unit if it is less than 30 days.

Are you working with a Verizon store or a reseller?

Sectime

Reaction score

Am I reading this right? You go to a store with a tech issue on a product, don't bring the product in for inspection and ***** about the hassle. You planning on selling your old phone and screwing the new owner and Verizon??:)

OP
S

slice

Reaction score

Am I reading this right? You go to a store with a tech issue on a product, don't bring the product in for inspection and ***** about the hassle. You planning on selling your old phone and screwing the new owner and Verizon??:)

woah calm down there.. u are most definitely reading it WRONG... im not an idiot, of course i brought the droid x with me. im saying my they wanted to make my old phone(which is my glyde) a loner phone until the droid x replacement. also i dont plan on selling my old phone(which again is my glyde) because it is messed up. also im am the owner of the phone so how would i be able to screw myself. also verizon is screwing me over, im not screwing them...

I hope this makes everything clear for you :)

OP
S

slice

Reaction score

Sounds to me like you are making a fast decision that you may later regret. If your phone is less than 30 days old, you are allowed to return it no questions asked. Additionally, from several other's posts, I think they are required to replace the unit with a new unit if it is less than 30 days.

Are you working with a Verizon store or a reseller?

yea i was working verizon store.
also it is less than 30 days. what im saying is that the normal process for a new phone is that they send you the replacement, then you have to send the defective phone back within a certain amount of time or they charge for the phone. what im angry about is that they want to charge me before i get the replacement and when i get it they will send it back as a rebate in which i have to waita couple of weeks for..

rickreno

Reaction score
I wasn't dealing with a Verizon store, but the phone support people. They replaced my defective X, it took a few weeks to get it but it was a new phone and battery and worked fine.
It also came with a $317 bill - which took me 38 minutes and 4 seconds of being on the phone with them to resolve. I spoke with 3 people during that 38 minutes of hell, the first two were hopeless. I finally got transfered to someone who listened to what had happened and fixed the account in about 30 seconds. I'm very happy with my new phone.