Replacement Droid X from Verizon

omnicious

Reaction score
Ok so my Droid X was busted and I've been offered a replacement one from Verizon. They're shipping it over. Anyone know if they actually give you a new Droid X or some kinda refurbished one? And I was told they would only mail me the phone itself. The battery and battery cover as well as other stuff in the box I should just keep the original. Anybody know if it might be a...clever idea to take the SD card out of the phone I'll be mailing back to them?

dwagner88

Reaction score
If its like any other VZW replacement, it will be sent without a battery or an SD card, so you will have to take your SD card and battery out before you send your old one back. I can't imagine that they have any refurbed X's yet, so it might be new, but it won't be in a retail box with a battery and a charger and whatnot.

DroidX101

Reaction score
I just got my replacement in today! Yeaaaaa!!!. It came just as u get it in the store. Came with the whole shabang. My new one worksy great so far. Haven't done the update to .604 yet, thinking of holding off or should i do it?

KevinWP

Reaction score
Replacements in the first 30 days after purchase are required to be 'new' units... so it's probably just easier to ship a retail box for the time being.

OP
O

omnicious

Reaction score
Replacements in the first 30 days after purchase are required to be 'new' units... so it's probably just easier to ship a retail box for the time being.
Wow...is this written somewhere? Cause if I get one that isn't new maybe I can pressure them into sending me a new one.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Wow...is this written somewhere? Cause if I get one that isn't new maybe I can pressure them into sending me a new one.

It's always been "new" replacement in the first 30 days.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
First 30 days just like everyone else said it's new. After that it's refurbs, which are also good as well. You only think they aren't as good as new because when people get one nobody bothers to start at thread saying "My Droid Refurb Came In Today and Works Great."

I'm still laughing over the thread started by someone yesterday who said he was waiting on his second X "already." Like he was the first one and expected to be waiting on more after this one came in.