droid will not stay off when I plug in the charger

pcombs

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i am a newbie and I power my phone off and then plug it into the home charger and then it comes back on...i had to silence it so I would not hear the notification alert all night. I did do the (setting, apps and then develoment steps and remove the check on stay awake) but it still happens. ANy thoughts

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, i am a newbie and I power my phone off and then plug it into the home charger and then it comes back on...i had to silence it so I would not hear the notification alert all night. I did do the (setting, apps and then develoment steps and remove the check on stay awake) but it still happens. ANy thoughts

:welcome: to the Droid Forum. This is true, it will not turn off when plugged into a wall socket. The only way to charge it and leave it off is by using a USB from your computer.

You can put it into Airplane Mode and make sure your wifi is turned off.

OP
P

pcombs

Reaction score
do i have to have the computer on for it to charge all night...that is a waste of energy

smrivera80

Reaction score
do i have to have the computer on for it to charge all night...that is a waste of energy

Well, yes, if the computer isn't on, there won't be any power going to the phone. It's going to use less energy to keep the phone on silent while charging it with the power cord. The other option would be to get a charger cradle for just the battery, then you could pop it out of the phone to charge it overnight. The phone will certainly be off, then.