Droid's Touch Screen "Tweeks out" when plugged in to charger

cloud12077

Reaction score
This is actually my 2nd phone. First one had a mic issue. I noticed that when I have a charger plugged into the phone, the phone's touch screen starts "tweeking" on me. By tweeking I mean:

If I long press an app to move it around on the home screen it starts flickering around as if I was multitouching. I know it has something to do with the charger being plugged in to it, since I tested by plugging and unplugging the charger and it didn't do it when no power was supplied.

Also I have tested multiple chargers so I know it isn't the charger.

Anyone else have this issue?

mikes

Reaction score
Also I have tested multiple chargers so I know it isn't the charger.
Uh huh. Is one of them the Motorola charger which came with the Droid? Is is plugged into regular house AC, not a generator or inverter?

Serialkilla

Reaction score
Yeah, my droid bugs out too when plugged in via verizon micro-usb charger, and also the usb that comes with it. It's as if the screen becomes super sensitive when plugged in.

Blackmoth

Reaction score
Motorolla recommends that you only use the charger and usb provided.

However, if you test it, it still doesn't work like when it does without being plugged in.

It's a design flaw, albeit a minor one.

If you need super fine control, I just unplug it real quick.

krus_2

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Sometimes it will do it without a charger plugged in (maybe 1 out of 1000 uses).

killuhjason

Reaction score
I found out, Im using a generic universal laptop cord, and when the laptop is plugged in using that, i guess it produces noise in the power and causes it, because it I run off battery or ac wall plugin, works just fine. just my 2 cents.

racin44

Reaction score
So, has anyone come up with a cure for this? I bought a used Droid a855 and didn't come with a charger, so i have to deal with aftermarket chargers. My car charger works good but when i plug in a home charger, it starts going through and running my applications.

racin44

Reaction score

AngryHatter

Reaction score
So, has anyone come up with a cure for this? I bought a used Droid a855 and didn't come with a charger, so i have to deal with aftermarket chargers. My car charger works good but when i plug in a home charger, it starts going through and running my applications.

Buy an OEM one on Amazon.
$5.

racin44

Reaction score
Fine idea if i want to keep spending money, but my chargers worked fine at the start. I don't want to go buy another just for it to do the same thing a month later.

tnronin

Reaction score
I was fortunate and I had enough chargers I could test until I found one that did not cause my Droid to tweak. It was an LG charger with an extra long cord. I actually noticed more more of an issue when docked (magnet).

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

imbatman58

Reaction score
So I have a similiar issue...
My touch screen is almost completely non-funcitonal when plugged in to a wall charger. Seems to be fine on my car charger.