Rare desire: I want the screen to time out

Bigg 27

Reaction score
Okay it seems that everyone else wants the screen to stay awake but I dont. I have it in the docking station and want to be able to hit the button and have it come on but then turn off by itself. It is plugged into the wall. I feel like I have looked everywhere. Can I do this?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
just simple enough as hitting the power button....

OP
Bigg 27

Bigg 27

Reaction score
Yes, but I was hoping that there was a way for an automatic timeout so I wouldn't have too...

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I believe there is a screen timeout option in settings

Slntagent

Reaction score
Settings > Sound and display > at the bottom press SCREEN TIMEOUT

itll give you a few options there

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Settings > Sound and display > at the bottom press SCREEN TIMEOUT

itll give you a few options there

This is part of the answer,

most importantly if you want to timeout byitself make sure the "Stay awake" option is unchecked in the application > development settings section (i think thats where it is at least).

OP
Bigg 27

Bigg 27

Reaction score
Yeah, I have checked all those places but it still just stays on. I'm guessing it is because lo am plugged in. :(

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have checked all those places but it still just stays on. I'm guessing it is because lo am plugged in. :(

Did you read my post above? I just unchecked it and it worked? My screen timed out while plugged in?

OP
Bigg 27

Bigg 27

Reaction score
Let me rephrase...i have looked at all those places and have either unchecked or checked accordingly. It will sleep when charging just not while charging in the dock.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Let me rephrase...i have looked at all those places and have either unchecked or checked accordingly. It will sleep when charging just not while charging in the dock.

Bah sorry forgot it was for a dock...hmmm I remember an app that controlled led options when docked but can't remember the name for the life of me, I think it had "LED HACK" in ut but can't find it in the market. It had a leafy icon. It's worth a try, I'll try to figure out the name hopefully someone remembers it.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
What about something like dockblocker? If the dock app doesnt happen, shouldnt the standard charging profile take over?

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
What about something like dockblocker? If the dock app doesnt happen, shouldnt the standard charging profile take over?

Nice suggestion, just looked at it in the market and it looks like it does what the op wanted. Pia forget about "leds hack" (yeah stupid market couldn't find it because i was missing an "s" after led, they really need to make searching better...) Only turns off the led light.