Droid Went Crazy today.

TimChgo9

Reaction score
Not sure what happened.. I wish I would have been able to shoot video of this... Anyway, I was picking my son up from his job, and while waiting for him to finish his clean-up tasks in the oil change place he works at, I was playing Cestos.

Well, during the game, I all of the sudden couldn't use my fingers to set the arrows for the marble travel.. they were setting themselves, I got out of the application, and my home screens kept flipping back and forth, the app drawer kept opening and closing Weather bug would open, shut down, and open again, as would the camera, the browser, music player, Facebook, and the messaging app. (My Droid has been running stock since I got it...)

Since the Verizon Store was just down the road from the son's job, after he got in the car, we went to see what the Verizon people had to say.. I had already performed a battery pull, and they did a reset in the store, and the problem persisted. Unsure of the cause, they replaced the Droid... (Now, I have the unenviable task of d/l'ing all of the apps that were on the phone. ) So, now I have a "new" Droid (43/09) and now we shall see.

This is the first and only major problem I have had with this device. Now let's see how well the replacement works out...

Also, has anyone else had this problem??

Reaction score
Not sure what happened.. I wish I would have been able to shoot video of this... Anyway, I was picking my son up from his job, and while waiting for him to finish his clean-up tasks in the oil change place he works at, I was playing Cestos.

Well, during the game, I all of the sudden couldn't use my fingers to set the arrows for the marble travel.. they were setting themselves, I got out of the application, and my home screens kept flipping back and forth, the app drawer kept opening and closing Weather bug would open, shut down, and open again, as would the camera, the browser, music player, Facebook, and the messaging app. (My Droid has been running stock since I got it...)

Since the Verizon Store was just down the road from the son's job, after he got in the car, we went to see what the Verizon people had to say.. I had already performed a battery pull, and they did a reset in the store, and the problem persisted. Unsure of the cause, they replaced the Droid... (Now, I have the unenviable task of d/l'ing all of the apps that were on the phone. ) So, now I have a "new" Droid (43/09) and now we shall see.

This is the first and only major problem I have had with this device. Now let's see how well the replacement works out...

Also, has anyone else had this problem??

If I remember correctly some Droid were possessed. I bet that change fixed everything for you.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was an app that caused that. I'd avoid Weatherbug. Its a problem on PC, Blackberry, and I think the Droid too.

OP
T

TimChgo9

Reaction score
Have never had a problem w/Weather Bug. But, just in case, what weather app do you recommend?